• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CP’s Cigars 201-1 Pass

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
Classroompic03.jpg

CP’s Cigars 201-1 Pass

Hello and welcome to CP’s Cigars 201-1 class! I see a lot of “faces” that participated in our 101-1 class and would like to say welcome back! Unfortunately, there are several in our last class that regretfully could not make it this term. We will all certainly miss those students! Our two esteemed professors, Mmburtch and BlindedByScience, are currently traveling abroad so will also not be joining us this term. I did receive news that whilst traveling, B.B.S. found one of his long lost relatives and is enjoying spending quality time with his new found family member. :p

Since we are missing 6 students, we will need to fill the empty seats to have a full class. These seats are open for anyone who has been in at least one successful pass on CP. Is anyone interested?

Edited to remove the post count/time on board wording

SYLLABUS:

1) I will list the cigars in order on the Board. The first person in the list who is to receive the package will go ahead and write on the board (before or during shipment of package) what cigars they will Take (T) from the package and what cigars they will Put (P) back in. I will decide if the T/P is acceptable or unacceptable and confirm on the Board. Your "puts" should be equal in value/rarity with your "takes". NC for NC and ISOM for ISOM. Three $3 cigars doesn’t equal one $9 cigar. Once approved, you should cross off your "takes" with a single line on the inventory sheet, and number your "puts" with the next # open. Individual baggies, permanent markers, and pens will be included in the pass (please make sure to put them back when done). Take a new baggie and using the marker, number the individual bag for each cigar being put back in starting from the last number on the list (please allow the ink several seconds to dry as to not smear). Bag the cigar and include them in the pass. Please do not remove cigars from the baggies.
2) The package can be sent via USPS with a Delivery Confirmation (DC) number, UPS, or DHL. Each DC or tracking number will be written on the board once the package has shipped. If at all possible, sign up at USPS for CLICK-N-SHIP. Very simple and fast way to print your own shipping label, no muss no fuss at the Post Office, just drop it off (gees, I sound like an advertisement for USPS).
3) You MUST write on the board once you’ve received the package and immediately contact via PM, Board, and phone (optional) the next person in the list to ensure they are ready to receive.
4) If you are the next person to receive in the pass, it would be a good idea to go ahead and let everyone know you are there and ready. If you know that it is your turn next and will not be available to accept the pass, please alert everyone so the pass can be re-routed as necessary. Please make sure to watch the board to ensure you know when your turn is coming up. Communication is KEY!
5) If no confirmation is received from the next person on the list in 36 hours, then the package will be sent to the next person on the list that does respond they are ready.
6) Please double-check the contents of the package to ensure everything is in order and good condition. If anything needs to be done such as increasing humidity or re-packaging/replacing the box, please make sure to do so.
7) Please be prompt. Once the package is received, make the T/P’s as quickly as possible and get the package out to the next person. T/P’s should already be decided before the package arrives, so shouldn’t take much time. However, there will always be exceptions.

Below is the list of students we have so far and the initial list of cigars we will start out with. I will keep these lists updated and also keep the Cigar List Link updated for downloading all information for the pass. Once I’ve received all the student’s information (names, shipping address, etc.), I will post the names in order of receiving the pass as well as post a map. We should have this show on the road soon after we have filled all the seats! So raise those hands if interested!!

Cigars201-1Map.jpg

StudentList001.jpg

CigarList001-1.jpg

CigarList002.jpg

CigarList003-1.jpg

Now that is a yummy looking lineup to me. :) Should be fun bro!

Post count, time on CP

Interesting qualification when this is not what is taught on CP. My understanding is post count and time on CP were not very strong indicators of the character and respect EARNED. Am I incorrect on this and is this setting the wrong example? If I am wrong I lock the lips and throw away the key.

Post count, time on CP

Interesting qualification when this is not what is taught on CP. My understanding is post count and time on CP were not very strong indicators of the character and respect EARNED. Am I incorrect on this and is this setting the wrong example? If I am wrong I lock the lips and throw away the key.

Actually I believe the main qualification he said was to have already had a pass under the belt.... After that it was just other stuff to look at, not just hey look at post count and length of time here. Least that was my understanding of the whole situation since he said would be considered. Nothing harmful meant to be sure...............Just my .02 though..

Edit: for punctuation and spelling

Post count, time on CP

You are absolutely correct Charlie. I am actually taking the first individuals that "raise their hands" that have successfully completed a pass on CP. Post count, time, participation on CP will not be a requirement at all. I will delete that part out. Any and all suggestions and/or comments are more than welcome! Still a newb learning here!

Soooo Charlie...want to be the official professor for this class? :)

Post count, time on CP

Actually I believe the main qualification he said was to have already had a pass under the belt.... After that it was just other stuff to look at, not just hey look at post count and length of time here. Least that was my understanding of the whole situation since he said would be considered. Nothing harmful meant to be sure...............Just my .02 though..

Edit: for punctuation and spelling

I understand the first level of qualification but several have hammered home that "post count and sign up date" does not create an instant "good guy" reputation. I feel it should be worded differently so that any suggestion that a high post count or length of CP membership is equated with "respect earned" is not misconstrued. We don't want newer members thinking that a high post count equals instant respect.

Just my .02 as well.

Thanks for the info bro. Keeps us all on the right path!

Looking forward to this getting started. Greg did a great job in the first pass. I expect this to only be better. :thumbs:

Post count, time on CP

You are absolutely correct Charlie. I am actually taking the first individuals that "raise their hands" that have successfully completed a pass on CP. Post count, time, participation on CP will not be a requirement at all. I will delete that part out. Any and all suggestions and/or comments are more than welcome! Still a newb learning here!

Soooo Charlie...want to be the official professor for this class? :)

I posted right after this!!

As for Professor I am sure there are far better teachers out there than myself. Certainly keep me in mind as substitute if needed! ;)

I commend you, Greg. That's a pretty fine lineup of sticks. I'm ready!

I'm in if you'll have me. My grades have been picking up and I don't take as many bathroom breaks anymore....

George