• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CP’s Cigars 201-1 Pass

Still any room or you full Kingantz?

If so, I'd like to jump in. If not, just let me know.

hello i am new to this and want to get my feet wet in my first pass. what do i need to do to be involved thanks again..

dave

hello i am new to this and want to get my feet wet in my first pass. what do i need to do to be involved thanks again..

dave
Me thinks you may be missing a qualification or two for this one... :whistling:

We are now full! If those that are new to the pass would send me their shipping information, I'll get the line-up/map started tonight. Thanks everyone!!

Greg

Alright everyone! The pass order and map have been established and posted. Don, you're up! Start working on those T/P's and get 'em posted whenever you're ready my friend! I'll get the pass together, just got to find a box first! :D

I'd like to try something with this pass. I was checking out the gallery a few days back and saw a section for "pass pictures", however it was empty. What I'd like is for everyone in the pass to take some pics of the package, smokes, themselves, wife, g/f (b/f :D ), kids, pets, whatever you feel like. If no digital camera is available...got get one! :laugh: Forward all pics to me, and I'll put in the gallery for our pass. Everyone up for it?

hell yea bro! That is awesome. :) Will take a pic of the wife and baby boy for the pass!!!

Don

P.S. Will look at P/T tonight and tomorrow if that is ok Greg?

hell yea bro! That is awesome. :) Will take a pic of the wife and baby boy for the pass!!!

Don

P.S. Will look at P/T tonight and tomorrow if that is ok Greg?

No problem at all Don. Whenever you're ready. I've got to get everything put together and also find a box. I was considering using the same one, however I'm not too sure it will hold up to another round cross country trek! :D

LMAO, I will switch it if you use the same one. I doubt it will make it much farther bro! :)

No problem at all Don. Whenever you're ready. I've got to get everything put together and also find a box. I was considering using the same one, however I'm not too sure it will hold up to another round cross country trek! :D

With enough tape, anything is possible:
beatup_fedex2.png

Uhh... why is the package getting mailed from Mississippi to Hawaii instead of California to Hawaii? :D

Guess what!! I got up early, put the pass together, and shipped it out before the PO closed (barely). Since Don offered to replace the box, I went ahead and used the same one from the last pass. Should've seen the lady's face at the PO when I sat it on the counter. I wasn't sure she was going to allow it to ship. :D

Class has officially started! DC# 0103 8555 7493 2591 5413 I did snap quite a few pics for the gallery, here's a little eye candy! And yes, there's only 29 in the pic...but no worries. The Bad to the Bone DP was not left out. :D

Jan122008_0156_edited-1.jpg

Treasure Hunt!

Glad you made it! Isn't this fun? But this isn't the treasure, not yet you've won. Should we keep going? Yes I think! Look down and click on the "right" link.

GOOD LUCK

Nice pic!

Just a suggestion, and I think this would be totally up to Justin and Greg, I saw on another pass that a member was just a virtual participant. It might save on shipping. Last time, I think Justin only took 1 cigar and I felt kind of bad considering his cost would have been similar to how much I paid to ship to him. Just a thought. Maybe he can send his proposed takes/puts and someone can hold on to the pass til his end gets there.

-Chico

Nice pic!

Just a suggestion, and I think this would be totally up to Justin and Greg, I saw on another pass that a member was just a virtual participant. It might save on shipping. Last time, I think Justin only took 1 cigar and I felt kind of bad considering his cost would have been similar to how much I paid to ship to him. Just a thought. Maybe he can send his proposed takes/puts and someone can hold on to the pass til his end gets there.

-Chico

Hey Chico! I believe a virtual player is someone who is unable to receive the pass for whatever reason (traveling, wife having a baby, etc.). Again, this is what I believe it to be. As long as someone is able to receive the pass, we'll go ahead and keep it that way. If I'm misunderstanding, let me know (I'm kind of slow sometimes :D ). I know there are quite a few up north (Dsav101, Smoke76, Phlicker) that are very close to each other, so maybe they can co-ordinate getting together and do a mini-herf? Just as long as they don't smoke all the stogies! :laugh: Good way to meet some new friends!

You know, it is a good question though. What exactly is the "definition" of a virtual player? I hope someone has an answer so I don't have to try using search! :D Wasn't there a virtual pass before? That might be kinda cool....hmmm....

Yippee. Looking forward to at least seeing and smelling all those tasty cigars...Most of which I won't be taking home with me. :( Finalizing my Ps and Ts tomorrow though!

My guess would be that a virtual participant (vp) would be one that would have a partner (also a participant) in the pass that, when the pass reaches the partner, the vp would instruct him which takes he wants. The partner would then pull those for the vp. The partner would then put cigars into the pass on behalf of the vp, then send the pass to the next in line. This will require a little extra communication between the vp and the partner so they are on the same page. The vp and the partner would then exchange the takes and compensatory puts. This allows the vp to be a full participant in the pass. It would also result in great savings in shipping cost to and from (in this case Hawaii), and a timely turnover. Is shipping to and from Hawaii expensive and slow? Alternatively, the partner could hold the pass until sticks are exchanged with Hawaii.

My guess would be that a virtual participant (vp) would be one that would have a partner (also a participant) in the pass that, when the pass reaches the partner, the vp would instruct him which takes he wants. The partner would then pull those for the vp. The partner would then put cigars into the pass on behalf of the vp, then send the pass to the next in line. This will require a little extra communication between the vp and the partner so they are on the same page. The vp and the partner would then exchange the takes and compensatory puts. This allows the vp to be a full participant in the pass. It would also result in great savings in shipping cost to and from (in this case Hawaii), and a timely turnover. Is shipping to and from Hawaii expensive and slow? Alternatively, the partner could hold the pass until sticks are exchanged with Hawaii.

I knew I wouldn't have to do a search! Thanks Bob! In the last pass, the box was shipped from California on Nov 19 and arrived in Hawaii on the 23rd. So seems like normal shipping time. When using USPS Priority, shipping costs are the same whether shipping coast to coast or to a neighboring state. At least, this has been my experience when shipping. If this is incorrect, someone please let me know asap as I don't want to pay more than I have to! :D The only concern is if Justin will be in port at the time the box is to arrive. I'm sure he will let us know when the pass gets closer to him if there are any issues.

So I'm thinking about a "virtual pass" and how that would work. I took a brief look at Marc and Mike's VP they had, which from what I read was due to summer heat. So, one good reason to have a VP would be due to weather (too hot, too cold). I'm not seeing how it would save on shipping costs though. Each participant would have to ship P's, then the host would have to ship their T's. There would be a saving if several participants are close enough to meet in person and hand-off. Other than that? Well, it actually would cost a little less on shipping for the participant. Instead of shipping a 5 to 10 lb box, it would be the normal USPS Priority cost. It would however, cost the host a good bit more having to send out approximately 10 to 15 packages. Maybe this would just be a cost the host is willing to pay in order to have a VP? Or, the participants could each throw something extra in for the shipping? Possibly the host would state that in order to participate, this $ amount will need to be paid for shipping costs? Just thinking out loud here :). This should be a new thread started, to discuss a VP (if it hasn't been started already). We could have one this summer as I have a feeling it's going to be another HOT one!

IMHO, I'm thinking a pass is meant to be shipped to each person. The anticipation of the box arriving, getting to physically open the box, going through the bag/s and seeing the smokes first hand. Going through all the motions makes a pass more personable.