• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CP’s Cigars 201-2 Pass

OK, I have Larry's info. Looks like I will be shipping him some sweet sweet BOX tomorrow!

Excellent! I tell ya that was a quick turn-a-round! I guess it'll slow down once we get out the little section up North. :D

I think Chester broke it

i would never commit such a unforgivable sin.
sad.gif

I received the BOX today. I love BOXes. The BOX appears to be fine on the outside...except for the fact that it appears that Gary works for the tape factory (Wow, bro, that's some serious tape effort!)... All BOXes look fine on the outside but I think we would all agree that it's what is inside the BOX that matters. I have not yet felt the inside of the BOX but I will do so as soon as Greg gives me permission to do so.... I am fairly sure that I could play around with this BOX for hours but my time with this BOX is short so I better make it good! ;)

Let me know what I can do to this BOX bro!

Also, I sent a pm to LarryH to check his availability and address for shipping.
BOX is good...especially when it smells nice ;)

It took a bit of wrestling but I finally managed to extract the pass from my mailbox a little while ago. I've opened and inspected the contents and everything looks good. The box is looking a little worn so I can either get it back out today in the original box or pick up another one and get it out tomorrow. Another option would be to hold it until Monday which would be great for me.

Here are my proposed P/T’s. I’m not sure about the Cohiba but the SLR is an RE if that makes any difference. I’ve smoked up a lot of my singles without replacing them over the summer so it’s slim pickens.

T - #55 Ashton VSG Corona Gorda ($8.05)
P #57 Oliva Series V Maduro ($8)

T - #48 Cohiba Siglo V $14.9
P - #56Saint Luis Rey Pacificos RE Asia MOS JUL 09 $14.00 (what I paid)
(Comparison Shopper Average $15.01)

T - Anejo #46 08 $8.25 (GarTrader.com)
P - Viaje Oro Torpedo $8.80 (what I paid)
(Shopper $7.50)

T...#50 08 RASS - $5.80
P - HdM Petit Robusto RBT ABR 08 $5.44 (what I paid)
(Shopper $6.05)

Edited to add: I'm not sure what I was thinking but the best I'll be able to do at getting this thing back out is tomorrow depending on how the day goes.

It took a bit of wrestling but I finally managed to extract the pass from my mailbox a little while ago. I've opened and inspected the contents and everything looks good. The box is looking a little worn so I can either get it back out today in the original box or pick up another one and get it out tomorrow. Another option would be to hold it until Monday which would be great for me.

Here are my proposed P/T’s. I’m not sure about the Cohiba but the SLR is an RE if that makes any difference. I’ve smoked up a lot of my singles without replacing them over the summer so it’s slim pickens.

(Shopper $7.50)

T...#50 08 RASS - $5.80
(Shopper $6.05)

Edited to add: I'm not sure what I was thinking but the best I'll be able to do at getting this thing back out is tomorrow depending on how the day goes.
The Anejo for viaje trade sticks out for me

(Shopper $7.50)

T...#50 08 RASS - $5.80
(Shopper $6.05)

Yeah, I figured that one was a long shot. I didn't realize how limited my selection was until I started trying to find some takes and puts.

I am happy to hear that the Pass arrived in good order!

Greg, thanks for the chance to be in this one. I guess if the pass can get through Whopper, which concerns me, then all will be well!

The Post Office I checked yesterday didn't have a replacement box. It looks like this thing isn't going out until Monday so I'll try to locate one by then.

(Shopper $7.50)

T...#50 08 RASS - $5.80
(Shopper $6.05)

Yeah, I figured that one was a long shot. I didn't realize how limited my selection was until I started trying to find some takes and puts.

Why does it stick out to you Brian? ;) Anyone else have thoughts on Larry's take/puts?

Greg, thanks for the chance to be in this one. I guess if the pass can get through Whopper, which concerns me, then all will be well!

Very glad to have you in the pass Stu! Excellent job on the t/p's and turnaround. Yeah, that Whopper guy we'll have to keep an eye on. :D

(Shopper $7.50)

T...#50 08 RASS - $5.80
(Shopper $6.05)

Why does it stick out to you Brian? ;) Anyone else have thoughts on Larry's take/puts?

Very glad to have you in the pass Stu! Excellent job on the t/p's and turnaround. Yeah, that Whopper guy we'll have to keep an eye on. :D
Although we can grab Anejo pretty much when we want on CP I still believe they are relased on a limited basis and the Viaje is a stick I can purchase at any time I please. If the trade was like for a WOAM or something It would be good by me. But what do I know :p

Brian

Here are my proposed P/T's. I'm not sure about the Cohiba but the SLR is an RE if that makes any difference. I've smoked up a lot of my singles without replacing them over the summer so it's slim pickens.

(Shopper $7.50)

T...#50 08 RASS - $5.80
(Shopper $6.05)

Although we can grab Anejo pretty much when we want on CP I still believe they are relased on a limited basis and the Viaje is a stick I can purchase at any time I please. If the trade was like for a WOAM or something It would be good by me. But what do I know :p

Brian

What he said plus its nearly a dollar light.

Good stuff!

I went out and did some researching on a couple of these and found pricing on the RASS at $7.67 and the HDM Peit Robo $7.25. On the Oliva SV Maduro I found $8.39 with the Ashton VSG CG $9.25. Of course, I'm not sure if the Oliva is 08 or 09...would that make a difference?

Not sure what's up with cyclopedia, but I wasn't able to get on the Havana pricing site so just went out to five different places to find pricing.

Anyone else with thoughts on these?

Good stuff!

I went out and did some researching on a couple of these and found pricing on the RASS at $7.67 and the HDM Peit Robo $7.25. On the Oliva SV Maduro I found $8.39 with the Ashton VSG CG $9.25. Of course, I'm not sure if the Oliva is 08 or 09...would that make a difference?

Not sure what's up with cyclopedia, but I wasn't able to get on the Havana pricing site so just went out to five different places to find pricing.

Greg, on the Ashton VSG...I had done the research on the comparison shopper and come up with $9.25 also. That being said, what I paid was indeed $8.05. Given that I like to pass along the good deals that I have received, I 'put' at $8.05 instead of $9.25. The logic, I suppose is that I am passing along my good fortune in the course of a pass while also avoiding an 'over put' situation. It's certainly your pass and your decision is final but when I put the VSG at $8.05, I did so given what I had paid and Larry's previously expressed concern on 'over puts'. In other words, there was intent on my part that the stick be put at $8.05 instead of $9.25...whether that matters or not is not really up to me. We were asked to use dollar figures and I choose to use the lower of the two.

I do note that Gary also put the Oliva SV Maddie at $8 instead of $8.39. Perhaps he had similar logic. I think that if you look at the Tatuaje RC 184 that I put, the comparison shopper would be higher than what I put also. So, the issue from my seat is whether we should always put at the current market value of the stick or whether we should consider the price that we actually paid.

Interesting...

Good stuff!

Greg, on the Ashton VSG...I had done the research on the comparison shopper and come up with $9.25 also. That being said, what I paid was indeed $8.05. Given that I like to pass along the good deals that I have received, I 'put' at $8.05 instead of $9.25. The logic, I suppose is that I am passing along my good fortune in the course of a pass while also avoiding an 'over put' situation. It's certainly your pass and your decision is final but when I put the VSG at $8.05, I did so given what I had paid and Larry's previously expressed concern on 'over puts'. In other words, there was intent on my part that the stick be put at $8.05 instead of $9.25...whether that matters or not is not really up to me. We were asked to use dollar figures and I choose to use the lower of the two.

I do note that Gary also put the Oliva SV Maddie at $8 instead of $8.39. Perhaps he had similar logic. I think that if you look at the Tatuaje RC 184 that I put, the comparison shopper would be higher than what I put also. So, the issue from my seat is whether we should always put at the current market value of the stick or whether we should consider the price that we actually paid.

Interesting...
My thought would be to go by whats availible for pricing and I believe Greg said to use comparision shopper or a couple other sites. If a price can not be found than I would believe that what was paid would be acceptable.

Brian

Here are my updated P/Ts. I've removed the Anejo/Viaje pair. To be honest I didn't thing the Viaje was necessarily as rare or more specifically as desirable as the Anejo but wasn't sure. There is only one vendor for it in the Comparison Shopper.

For the 2008 Serie V maduro torpedo I used the price from the pass but I actually paid $88 for a box of 10 from a Brother here last December.

Greg, I have a saved August version of the CC Shopper that I used. It's not working for me either on the site. I messed up on the Cohiba/SLR and put the CC Shopper price in the wrong place. The SLR RE isn't listed. I also realize that these prices could be significantly different now depending on the exchange rate since I used US dollars from the August version.

T - #48 Cohiba Siglo V $14.9 (CC shopper $15.01)
P - #57Saint Luis Rey Pacificos RE Asia MOS JUL 09 $14.00 (what I paid)

P - #58 Oliva Serie V Maduro Torpedo 2008 (From the Pass $8) (what I paid, $8.80)

T - #50 08 RASS - $5.80 (CC Shopper box of 50, $6.52 )
P - #59 HdM Petit Robusto RBT ABR 08 $5.44 (what I paid) (Shopper $6.05)

Edited to add:

I updated this but didn't realize it wouldn't move it to the end so created a new post.

Don't know how close the price should be or how much value can be added for the RE. Does the regional release make up a dollar difference?

I think it looks good Larry, but since this is a 201 pass, I figured I'd ask.

Good stuff!

Interesting...

I derived the pricing on the 2008 Oliva Series V Maduro as what it cost me back in 2008 because you can't get an accurate price on it now. I bought 2 boxes, one for $85 from a Vendor brother in Atlanta and $75 from my local B&M (go figure!)...so I split the difference between the two boxes and priced it at $8 each from a box of 10. I thought that would be fair.

The problem we all face now with CC is that prices have gone up considerably in the last year and if we go by what we paid, it would always be lower than currently purchased versions. EX: a nicely aged 2006 WILL cost less that a fresh 2009/2010 version of the same stick....yet the older stick is more desirable and technically be worth a little more. Once again, WTF do I know!

PS...What is up with the CC Comparison Shopper?...I couldn't open it either.