• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CP’s Cigars 201-2 Pass

Hey Greg/Phatcat,

This is pretty out of the ordinary but Phatcat was kind enough to try and score me some Surly beer a couple of months back. If he doesn't have anything to trade for the Opus other than the Anejo 55, I would like to place a 2008 Anejo shark virtually for him. Whomever takes the Shark, I can just send it to them and if nobody takes it, you'll have a Shark en route to yourself when the pass is done. Sound good?

-Chico

Hey Greg/Phatcat,

This is pretty out of the ordinary but Phatcat was kind enough to try and score me some Surly beer a couple of months back. If he doesn't have anything to trade for the Opus other than the Anejo 55, I would like to place a 2008 Anejo shark virtually for him. Whomever takes the Shark, I can just send it to them and if nobody takes it, you'll have a Shark en route to yourself when the pass is done. Sound good?

-Chico

Awesome play Chico!

I've been wearing out my calculator.

Please consider this and offer advice/opinions. It's too bad I don't have any isoms to play with. That would have helped.

So far:

T: #7 My Father Le Bijou 1922 Toro, $10.17
P: Arturo Fuente Don Carlos #2, $10.57

T: #69 LFD DL Chisel, $7.40
P: Epernay Le Elegance, $7.90

T: #15 Opus Petit Lancero, $11
P: Anejo 55, $10.75

Question:

How do we rate/price the Casa Fuente Corona Gorda? Vitolas.net has msrp at $18. But how much does rarity come into play? As I understand it, they are readily available but only if you go to Las Vegas. For example would a Padron 1926 #9 maduro match this stick? ($18.70)

I'm just throwing that out for discussion. I love the '26 #9's like crazy and don't know that I'd trade it for anything.

Thanks,
Bill

Looking good here, but...looks like we already have two Anejo 55 in the pass, and I really would like to try and not have duplicates much less triplicates. Anything else to trade for the Opus?

I thought #18 was taken by JNKNZZ. The only other 55 I saw was the one Ben just put in. So yes, there would be two if my T/P was approved.

No problem if you don't want duplicates.

I don't think I'd have a applicable substitution for that Opus. I DO, however, have a BTL that might match with the Opus Perfexcion No 2 which vitolas has for $15. The BTL is at $14.25 on vitolas. However a comparison shopper has it at $13. So I'm not sure what to do on that one.

Let me do some more thinking.

Thanks,
Bill

I've been wearing out my calculator.

Please consider this and offer advice/opinions. It's too bad I don't have any isoms to play with. That would have helped.

So far:

Question:

How do we rate/price the Casa Fuente Corona Gorda? Vitolas.net has msrp at $18. But how much does rarity come into play? As I understand it, they are readily available but only if you go to Las Vegas. For example would a Padron 1926 #9 maduro match this stick? ($18.70)

I'm just throwing that out for discussion. I love the '26 #9's like crazy and don't know that I'd trade it for anything.

Thanks,
Bill

Looking good here, but...looks like we already have two Anejo 55 in the pass, and I really would like to try and not have duplicates much less triplicates. Anything else to trade for the Opus?

I thought #18 was taken by JNKNZZ. The only other 55 I saw was the one Ben just put in. So yes, there would be two if my T/P was approved.

No problem if you don't want duplicates.

I don't think I'd have a applicable substitution for that Opus. I DO, however, have a BTL that might match with the Opus Perfexcion No 2 which vitolas has for $15. The BTL is at $14.25 on vitolas. However a comparison shopper has it at $13. So I'm not sure what to do on that one.

Let me do some more thinking.

Thanks,
Bill

Well if I would keep up with my own pass, I'da known that huh? :laugh: Aighty then! You're all good!

Hey Greg/Phatcat,

-Chico

Woah, dude. That's way too cool. I wasn't even able to help you on the Surly angle. I can't accept this nice offer from you.

I'll see what else I can come up with. I'm sure I can work out a different T/P or just do 2 sticks instead. This pass has been a great learning experience anyhow. I'm not necessarily looking to trade a bunch of sticks.

That's kinda the funny thing about this process. I've gone through my vino and realized I'm really content with many of the sticks I have and can't think of a reason to trade them. :laugh: That and I've found I enjoy quite a few "cheap" smokes like Padron Londres and 2000s. Not the greatest pass candidates.

Thanks again for the offer though, Chico. That's really a nice play. However, I would like to try to do this officially, however. Gotta stand on my own two feet.

Bill

Good stuff fellas!

Here is the DC# for the pass heading to Bill.

0309 3220 0002 2575 7889

Question:

Thanks,
Bill

Well, I guess if you guys are comfortable with my T/P's, I am. Looks like the "box" will be at my door today or tomorrow at the latest. Edit: The wife just called to say a big crumpled mass of cardboard (might have been a box) showed up at the door today. :0 Just kidding. She says it looks fine.

Any thoughts on the Casa Fuente CG? What would be considered a comparable cigar to trade for it? I'm glad Greg tossed this one in the mix. I'm curious to see if anyone has something to trade for it as the pass moves along.

BR

So, any other thoughts on that? I'd love to get it turned around and shipped out tomorrow or Friday.

Thanks,
Bill

ps. It's so hard to not drool when I open the box.

Although I think the Casa carries SOME rarity but is available I know it has a large price tag with it.

Brian

Ok,

I guess it is my time to start some P/Ts...so here we go!

P: RP Edge Sumatra Torpedo (07) $7.00 (what I paid)
T: AF Gran Reserva R52 $6.75

P: Illusione MJ12 $8.42
T: WOAM $8.00

P: Monte #2 $9.52
T: BBF $7.80

P: Tatuaje Face $14.00 (what I paid)
T: RC184 $16.50

I will be looking at some more in the next days…may have one more to add!

Ok,

Keep in mind, it's not what you paid for the cigar, but what the average price it's selling for today.

Ok,

Keep in mind, it's not what you paid for the cigar, but what the average price it's selling for today.

Good Point Greg,
Then on the two where I pointed out what I paid, can I get some help on the average price of those smokes? On the face, I know MSRP was $13, but also know that on average, from what I have read, that it seemed to be 50/50 in regards to those that paid MSRP and those that had to pay say $15.

And on the Sumatra Edge, it was a one time release (at the time) and is not available. In fact all I can seem to find of the "current" release is a toro version. This is Torpedo and the original release with 3 years of age. So I am not sure what I should list the average price as.
Any help? Thanks!

FWIW I had no problem finging multiple boxes from multiple retailers at msrp for the Face.

Ok,

Good Point Greg,
Then on the two where I pointed out what I paid, can I get some help on the average price of those smokes? On the face, I know MSRP was $13, but also know that on average, from what I have read, that it seemed to be 50/50 in regards to those that paid MSRP and those that had to pay say $15.

And on the Sumatra Edge, it was a one time release (at the time) and is not available. In fact all I can seem to find of the "current" release is a toro version. This is Torpedo and the original release with 3 years of age. So I am not sure what I should list the average price as.
Any help? Thanks!

Prices for the RP Torp are out there, just grab several from different vendors, do the average, and there's your price. I did a quick search, and it seems there's a number of places where these are still available; however I may be mistaken? Let's get some feedback from other passers...c'mon people.

I'd like to get others to also give their thoughts on the Tat trade. I'm thinking should go with the $13, but even if a couple more dollars are added, it still isn't going to reach the 184.

Good stuff to discuss!

I have to agree that the Face is probably set at the $13 level. RC 184s can be at least somewhat hard to locate and their msrp is considerably higher than the Face. Lots of us would probably trade an RC184 for a Face but for the purposes of this pass, the msrp is the benchmark. I don't have much clue on the Edge Sumatra but the link certainly lends credibility to a ballpark price for that trade. That review is an interesting read for me since the reviewer has infinitely more familiarity with RP cigars than I have. I get lost in the RP part of the store...just too many different labels and such...but apparently this particular cigar is very well regarded and that is good for me to know!

Take #2

P: RP Edge Sumatra Torpedo OR $7.00

P: God of Fire Carlito Piramide $25.90
T: LFD Salomone $22.28

Have to work later, but would like to work one more in there somewhere. I have received a PM from Phatcat and assume the package is on the way!

The mj12 for WOAM sticks out to me. I think we discussed possible trades for WOAM. Just wondering, is that what LFD Solomon go for?

Brian

We got about 6 inches of wet, heavy snow so no chance to get this out to the post office today. Sorry.

The pass will move on to Ben B (Modo22) on Monday. Thanks all.

Bill

The mj12 for WOAM sticks out to me. I think we discussed possible trades for WOAM. Just wondering, is that what LFD Solomon go for?

Brian

It looks good to me. Have you tried getting your hands on an MJ12? I am thnking theyn are harder to find than WOAM right now.