• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CP Chefs Pass

OK everyone, going forward let's try to be a little quicker on the turn-around. The cigars are listed on the first post of this thread, you know it's coming to you, please have some puts and takes posted before this gets to you, or at least the day it gets to you. Then once things are approved you'll be able to swap out your cigars and get it packed up and right back out the door.

Thanks!

Re-ordering of the last 4 items
63 Hemingway Signature Maduro
65 CAO Vision
65 (repeat) Diamond Crown Maximus Churchill
66 Anejo 50

Please scratch the VSG for Hemingway on account of damage - minor but sufficient.

My p/t's
P: 67 La Aurora 100 Anos Robusto, T: 37 La Aurora Preferido #2 Maduro
P: 68 Rocky Patel Decade Toro, T: 65 CAO Vision Robusto
P: 69 Rocky Patel 1992 Toro T: 6 CAO L'Anniversaire Cameroon Corona

Tracking no. 420 08723 9101 0385 5574 9703 8312 29

Re-ordering of the last 4 items
63 Hemingway Signature Maduro
65 CAO Vision
65 (repeat) Diamond Crown Maximus Churchill
66 Anejo 50

Please scratch the VSG for Hemingway on account of damage - minor but sufficient.

My p/t's
P: 67 La Aurora 100 Anos Robusto, T: 37 La Aurora Preferido #2 Maduro
P: 68 Rocky Patel Decade Toro, T: 65 CAO Vision Robusto
P: 69 Rocky Patel 1992 Toro T: 6 CAO L'Anniversaire Cameroon Corona

Tracking no. 420 08723 9101 0385 5574 9703 8312 29

Damage to the Hemingway or the VSG?

To the VSG - if it was to the hemingway, I'd simply make the exchange and burn the evidence :)

To the VSG - if it was to the hemingway, I'd simply make the exchange and burn the evidence :)
Andy...

I have some nicely aged Enchantments...I'll swap it out when it gets to me, no problem.

Never mind on the Enchantment...I had it backwards!

I'll work on my P&Ts later today and get them up ASAP.

My proposed P&Ts....

T/ #42 SLR A '01
P/ #71 Partagas Lonsdale '99

T/ #40 RyJ Short Churchill '08
P/ #72 H. Upmann MAG 46 Tubos '08

T/ #3 Bolivar Gold Medal '07
P/ #73 Partagas Series P #2 Tubos '08

T/ #46 AVO LE '08
P/ #74 Winston Churchill (Davidoff) Blenheim

P/ #75 Bolivar BF '07

LMK if any of these work.

In the pursuit of speed I will post my proposed puts and takes now so they are reserved. I do hold the right to change my mind as the pass progresses. :laugh:

Marco,

I was about to edit the first post and update the numbering when I realized something's missing.

66 Davidoff Robusto Real Especiales 7 '04 Put: AVB

Was this cigar in there? This was a put for the Don Carlos 30th, number 11. Was that cigar still in there?

Help!

I do have the Don Carlos but no longer have the Davidoff. Can somebody do a physical inventory? The Davidoff can't be that hard to see even through the baggies.

Marco,

I was about to edit the first post and update the numbering when I realized something's missing.

66 Davidoff Robusto Real Especiales 7 '04 Put: AVB

Was this cigar in there? This was a put for the Don Carlos 30th, number 11. Was that cigar still in there?

Help!

First post is updated, I believe it's all correct now, thanks for the help Marco.

My proposed P&Ts....

T/ #42 SLR A '01
P/ #71 Partagas Lonsdale '99

T/ #40 RyJ Short Churchill '08
P/ #72 H. Upmann MAG 46 Tubos '08

T/ #3 Bolivar Gold Medal '07
P/ #73 Partagas Series P #2 Tubos '08

T/ #46 AVO LE '08
P/ #74 Winston Churchill (Davidoff) Blenheim

P/ #75 Bolivar BF '07

LMK if any of these work.

Those look plenty good to me! I'll keep my fingers crossed that any of those puts make it back here...

I think the numbers of the puts will all have to set back one digit, so the Partagas Lonsdale will be 70, the H Upmann will be 71 etc...

Thanks!

Got any more great recipes?

I have a few recipes that are a bit more involved that I want to post to the Pass...but after thinking about it, I decided to go with a few quicky recipes that anyone could prepare in a short amount of time. I'm not one for take-out food and would rather whip something together out of what I have in my fridge or freezer, but quickly.

Here's my first of two quick meals for dinner...it has no name, it's just a one dish meal that I made one night after work. From start to finish this takes me 30-35 minutes to the table. With this meal I use my 13" Everything Pan.

This is what you'll need.....

1 pound frozen Easy Peel Shrimp, size large
1 pound of Barilla linguine
1 package Birds Eye Steamfresh Asian Medley (or any combo of frozen veggies)
1 head of fresh garlic
1 stick of lightly salted butter
1 bottle of clam juice
1 14oz container of sliced baby portabello mushrooms (optional) I always have these in my fridge.

Pic1.jpg

Start off by opening up the frozen shrimp and filling the bag with warm water and prop it up in the corner of your sink. Get out your favorite pasta pot, fill it up and get that on the stove set to HIGH. I start out by thinly slicing up 6-7 nice size cloves of garlic...I like slicing rather than using a garlic press because it lets you taste the garlic more easily. Now I rinse the mushrooms and get them ready with the garlic. By now the shrimp is partially thawed and ready to peel, empty the water out of the bag and replace with some more warm water....start peeling & rinsing while putting them in a small bowl.

Pic2.jpg

Your pasta water should be boiling by now so salt it and drop them in to cook about 12-14 minutes. This whole thing is based on timing, once the pasta is cooking about 6-7 minutes I start the next step....that's when I crack open a beer.

In my pan, I put in a 1/4 cup of olive oil (EV or light), half a stick of butter and some fresh cracked pepper over medium heat. Once the butter is almost melted, put in the garlic and cook about 1 minute before adding the mushrooms. Toss this around every 30 seconds or so. Now take the Steamfresh veggies and microwave them for 2 minutes just to defrost them.

Pic3.jpg

Once the mushrooms have been in the pan about 2-3 minutes, add a few onces of white wine and keep tossing lightly. Cook together for an additional 2-3 minutes to cook off the wine, reduce the liquid, and soften the mushrooms.

Pic4.jpg

Now add your defrosted veggies to the pan and toss them together for 2-3 minutes.

Pic5.jpg

This is the most important part and the easiest. At this point the linguine should be done, now you have to add the shrimp to the veggies and toss them together for 1 minute. Take the clam juice and the other half of the stick of butter and put it in a measuring cup and microwave for 2 minutes.

Pic6.jpg

IMMEDIATELY, take the pasta out of your pot (don't use a drainer) with a spaghetti claw and cover the raw shrimp and cooked veggies in the pan. Pour in the hot clam juice/butter mixture and sprinkle a little dry parsley on top. Turn off the heat under the pan.

Pic7.jpg

The heat of the hot pasta and heat from the pan will cook the shrimp. Do not toss the whole pan! Now take 2-3 ladles of pasta water and add it over the top of the pasta and let it sit for 3-4 minutes while you clean up a bit. Now pour the whole thing in a big bowl. The linguine will slide out first with all the shrimp and veggies coming out on top.

Pic8.jpg

Add a little salt and pepper and some more parsley and plate it up...

Pic9.jpg

The shrimp is very tender and not rubbery at all...the linguine is light and tasty with all the veggies and sauce. For us this is a one dish meal, sometimes I'll broil up some Texas toast, but most of the time it's just the linguine with a nice glass of white wine.

Enjoy!

Gentlemen, much to my regret, I'm going to have to bow out of this pass. My wife's latest physical turned up some elevated blood values that will require my attention for the next several weeks. I can't be sure I'll be home to accept the pass etc. etc., and to be perfectly honest, my head's just not in the game. Thank you for your understanding.

Doc.