• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CPCRC Installment #2 Reviews...

Yum yum!
These are some first rate smokes that is for sure. Thank you again for including me. I tried one yesterday with my Boss / friend and we both enjoyed that treat.

Comments Hmm nice smoke to Ohh mine just changed It like a sweet citrus flavor now.. hehe!

I liked them a bunch.

Got mine before the weekend, so I let them rest while I was in Atlanta.

Ended the holiday weekend with one last night, review to come later tonight.

Matt, awesome cigars, thanks again Bro! :D :thumbs:

Although I don't think that they are officially a 'rubusto', it usually ranks in folks top 5 robusto lists.

Good catch Horse...you're absolutely right. It's 5" x 48 which makes it a Hermoso No. 4 (what happened to Hermosos 1-3?). Close enough to a robusto (4 7/8" x 50), though, I guess.

I'll tell you another thing, that light colored wrapper fooled me as this one kicked my a$$!! Strongest isom I've had yet as it gave me a little buzz! :D

Leebo8-9-8 said:
...this one kicked my a$$!! Strongest isom I've had yet as it gave me a little buzz! :D
Did we all get the same gars??? ???

I found the one I smoked to be extremely light and mellow. Normally a difference in opinion doesn't raise my brow, but Lee has been smoking isom's like they're going outta style. For him to claim it to be the "strongest" he's smoked yet...is rather interesting. ??? There was absolutely nothing "strong" about the one I smoked. :)

I agree Beast. The one I smoked so far was medium-bodied at most. But I had one about 4-5 months ago that knocked my unit in the dirt. Maybe there's some variation in them...or maybe one of the rollers that day was in a bad mood.

morning smoke with coffee....Hay Kenny! I'm about out of CC's :sign:

Hey Horse!!!! hehehehehehehehe ;) :D ;)

Yes Matt, I am a BEAST!! Bwaaaahaaaaaaa :sign: :p :sign:

Well, the finish was strong...........maybe it was the port I was drinking!

I smoked a Boli BF recently and the ERDM seemed stronger to me. Well, I'll see what the second, third and forth taste like! :sign:

Lee if that Boli tasted lighter than the ERDM than it must have been a dud.

Well, I used to smoke 2 packs of Pall Mall filterless a day, so, I guess my sense of strong is different than some others...LMAO :D

Review:

Well made, light brown wrapper, nice barnyard aroma!! :)

Clipped perfectly, nice nose! :D

As I lit this one, it produced lots of creamy smoke. Some leathery notes and citrus as well! This was interesting. Nice dark-grey ash, fairly even burn. This one was a bit harsh to me. Burn became more uneven but the flavor was very nice. Seemed to build in strength as well. Finished nicely, a bit spicy and strong. This was a wonderful smoke with the exception of the uneven burn.

The second seemed to be lighter, still had the citrus flavor which was very interesting. The second burned a little better, not even though. I think I must have been tired when I smoked the first as the second didn't seem to be as strong. I will get a better idea when I sacrifice the other 2!

Very nice smoking experience! Thew citrus flavor was new for me and added a nice twist!

I would rate these as 89, as they definately have burn issues!

Thanks for providing them, Matt!! :thumbs: :thumbs:

Seems as if we all are talking about a different cigar.

El Rey de Mundo Choix Supreme

Appearance: This cigar was light brown with heavy green colorings along the leaf veins and spots of green scattered about. Of the four examples I had, all had what seemed to be mended flaws in the wrappers.

Pre- Light: Vegetal smell. Not quite the "barnyard" but definate smells of hay as well as grain. The end clipped well enough at the triple cap leaving a nice flat endpiece.

Lighting began well enough after toasting, uneven burn in two that self corrected, and one cigar canoe-ed despite all efforts to save.

This cigar was either wet or just tightly constructed in all three cases. I had a hard time keeping them lit.

Draw was tight producing very little smoke withiout double drawing.

Ash was dark gray with specks of black. Flakey, cracking ash.

Smoke was harsh at first then mellowed somewhat only to go harsh again. Might have been my frantic attempts to keep it lit and that made it hot.

At times this smoke was alternately sweet then spicy. Mild to medium in flavor.

Just couldn't keep them lit.

I still have one left to smoke so I think I will keep it a while and try again.

Thanks Matt for the experience. I look forward to the next session.

JerryG

Very true, Jerry! I still enjoyed the 2 I have smoked, mine stayed lit fine, kept them at 64%RH!! :D

See Leebo...I'm not the only one that thought they blew. :0

I take it no one felt it necessary to review this cigar? ???

:sign:

Well, that was the agreement, wasn't it?

:lookup: