• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CPCRC Installment #2 Reviews...

Smoked all 4 cigars and everyone of them smoked the same. Unlike other's experience with this cigar all 4 of mine smoked perfectly. Not one single burn problem. No heavy draw and no harshness. Construction looked excellent on all of them.

I was diaappointed in the very first one I smoked but it was because I smoked it in the evening after a big meal. It was too mild..... I smoked the next three in the morning with coffee, the last one in a duck blind with 99.9% humidity and winds of 10 to 15 knots. Again all burned perfect....ash was dark gray and firm. Flavors were mild to medium/mild.

This cigar worked very well for me as a morning cigar with coffee. I'd like to have some more of these for that purpose. Would not be a go to cigar at any other time of day for me.

had 2 of mine, back-to-back while going from cover to cover with the Sunday morning paper and coffee out on the porch. Like Kenny, I had nary a burn problem.

Here again, this is why my 'domestic' purchases have been curtailed greatly in the last 1/2 year. After finding $5 sticks that will require breaking out the hemostats...why bother with $5 'domestic' that are tossed after 1/2 - 2/3 smoked?

Mine are lost in my cabinet somewhere...behind all the LOL Herf stuff. :( I'll try to find them and smoke 'em soon.

I've got one left that will get lit on Friday.

I smoked one on Sunday of week 1 of the NFL. I had been up all night at work and my brain is like swiss cheese anyways so I don't remember if I liked it or not. lmao I'll get to smoking the others and post a better review. :thumbs:

I finished my fourth and final Choix Supreme yesterday so here are my thoughts:

CONSTRUCTION

All four cigars were similar in color with little veining. None of them were underfilled. Cap was applied well on all of them. When cut, the cap came off with no tears. Pre-light draw was good.

BURN

Burn was good on all four. No need for touch-ups with the torch. Draw was very good with plenty of smoke.

FLAVOR

As some of the others have said you get a distinctive citrus taste with this cigar. A lot of folks consider the Choix Supreme as a morning only cigar, but I tend to like it anytime. About the only time I will not smoke one is after I have had a spicy meal. That tends to hide a lot of the flavor.

STRENGTH

The Choix Supreme is mild to medium in strength for a Habana.

OVERALL RATING

My rating of these would be 90. A great consistent cigar. One that always take some of my humidor space. :thumbs:

Thanks Matt for setting this up!

Hey Matt, when's the next installment, and can I get in next time?

I vote for Montecristo #2s with a dark colorado wrapper for the next go round. I've had some experience with these and I know what a good one tastes like...they're great.

My second choice would be a Sir Winston or Punch Prominente - never had either.

(I haven't had a Cohiba either for about 5 months, so any of them would be fine. I don't think that I've had ANY of the Cohiba Siglo line come to think about it. I would love to try these, although they're expensive.)

Sam

If we do another installment it'll have to wait until after LOL Herf II.