• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CPFF2 Redux

Doc, I'm your huckleberry... (I love tombstone)

The Pints are up to the challenge, should be a good matchup two comeback kids doing battle.

To everyone who played. It has been a great season I have had a a lot of fun getting to know some of you guys. I assure you I will thoroughly enjoy my winnings. :D

Happy Holidays!
Gregg

Anthony, I think I actually rooted for you at least a couple times, didn't I? :whistling: You know I was just bustin' on you out of fear and respect! Despite your defeat in the first round of the playoffs, yours was the team to beat this year and gave us all a target to shoot for... and in two tries I couldn't get past you! Anyway, good season my friend. We'll resume the rivalry next year I hope.

Gregg, I look for a great game this week. We're matched pretty evenly although me being from Buffalo gives you the edge ( ...I'm sure you know my town's reputation in the "Big Game", I'm sure. :laugh: ) Then again... we both have elements of this year's Bills team of misfits on our rosters so I guess anything can happen. You might want to consider picking up Brian Brohm off waivers...I think he'd make an excellent QB for The Pints! :whistling:

I'll echo Gregg's comments re: the season. It's been a lot of fun and you've all been great sports!

Doc

Anthony, I think I actually rooted for you at least a couple times, didn't I? :whistling: You know I was just bustin' on you out of fear and respect! Despite your defeat in the first round of the playoffs, yours was the team to beat this year and gave us all a target to shoot for... and in two tries I couldn't get past you! Anyway, good season my friend. We'll resume the rivalry next year I hope.

Gregg, I look for a great game this week. We're matched pretty evenly although me being from Buffalo gives you the edge ( ...I'm sure you know my town's reputation in the "Big Game", I'm sure. :laugh: ) Then again... we both have elements of this year's Bills team of misfits on our rosters so I guess anything can happen. You might want to consider picking up Brian Brohm off waivers...I think he'd make an excellent QB for The Pints! :whistling:

I'll echo Gregg's comments re: the season. It's been a lot of fun and you've all been great sports!

Doc

Agreed Anthony had a great team, probably the strongest on paper.

Thanks Doc' look forward to the match, it up should be fun to watch. As for your Heritage I will only mention in passing something about a Mr. Norwood and a certain kick that went wide right for this could very well come down to the kicker.

It took me about 10 weeks but, I finally realized if I have at least 4 Guinness by the end of the games on Sunday night the Pints always win. I keep telling my wife its in support of the team and that those boys play hard for me, I can't let them down. I plan on having at least 6 this sunday so watch out, the Robusto's might get drowned out by the Pints. :D

Its been a great league and I've had been a blast. Matt, Thanks for setting this up.

And to quote one of your Misfits, "Getcha Popcorn ready!!!" its going to be a show!!!

Lol...maybe you did Doc, but maybe it was overshadowed by the consistent "looks like oj's will be upset" or "go 'insert other team name here'" lol on the smack talk. At any rate, your just lucky fred davis didn't pull it out for me! Cause I'd be taking you down...down to err....'scratchs head'....ummm china town?
whistling.gif
lol

Actually, my own poor judment killed me. Sims Walker probably should have started over britt. I suppose I could have went either way. The forsett move was dumb. Mendy hasn't been great by any means, but seattle is too dumb to start the best performer on their team and instead likes to play julious...those two moves and I think I win.

Ah well, hindsight is always 20-20. It has been fun though, and nice to see that most everyone was in the mix at any given time during the season. Its funny, in this one I was the #1 getting knocked off by the #4. In the other cp league I was the #4 knocking off the #1. I guess thats why we play the games as they say!! :)

Lol...maybe you did Doc, but maybe it was overshadowed by the consistent "looks like oj's will be upset" or "go 'insert other team name here'" lol on the smack talk.

I know I called for the upset by Guiness Pints (out of fear that you would come back and beat me three straight) but otherwise I think you're confusing me with "Honkin' On Bobo's" ! LOL

You know, you just might be right! At any rate, i'm just trying my own version of smack talk here so no worrys. :) Now that i'm out fo the finals, I can start my yappin'!! LOL

Lol...maybe you did Doc, but maybe it was overshadowed by the consistent "looks like oj's will be upset" or "go 'insert other team name here'" lol on the smack talk.

I know I called for the upset by Guiness Pints (out of fear that you would come back and beat me three straight) but otherwise I think you're confusing me with "Honkin' On Bobo's" ! LOL

I believe it was " insert witty comment here" I was trying to provide comic relief Ha ha, Congrats Doc, looks like it's sewed up now, I'll be watching this thread for instructions on who to send the sticks to. It was real fun playing with you guys, looking forward to next year!
Scott

Its 5 sticks of any choice sent to Doc, right?

Looks like I'll need to hit the cigar store soon....

Good job Doc!

It's three to first, two to second, and one to third= 6 total.
And doc is going to send something cigar related to last.
I'm headed to Mexico again to work on my house. I will email everyone and post here when I get back Jan 2.
I still haven't heard back from everyone on that mass email I sent out.
I'm going to resend the request to all again. If you have sent me your info then disregard.

Great season guys! I had fun. Maybe next year I will get that coveted last place trophy!

Its 5 sticks of any choice sent to Doc, right?

Looks like I'll need to hit the cigar store soon....

Congrats, Doc.

Great season I had a lot of fun.

I will wait for directions on how to proeceed.

oes second place send the sticks to Doc then get some sent back or do I save on postage and have my contribution taken out of my winnings?

I am good either way, jusst let me know what works.

Robustos prepare to carry Doc Wylie off the field after victory in Puro Bowl II!

The Robustos are humbled by this experience after finishing last year at the bottom of the heap. Most of the credit has to go to my General Manager (the Yahoo computer) who drafted the team that gave me Chris Johnson. Another thank you goes to Bret Favre, who graciously joined the Robustos after his return to the NFL. The old guy led our team to a couple key wins before I abandoned him for the youthful Matt Shaub! :laugh: Congrats to Gregg on a great game and also to Jamie for winning the 3rd place game. Tony...what can I say? The OJ's were the terror of the league all season long. My trophy is tarnished by never having bested your team during the regular season. I'm glad we never met in the playoffs!

Obviously I am thrilled to win this thing, but it wouldn't have been half as much fun without such a great group of guys! The smack talk and comments back and forth made for a lot of smiles and you were all great sports all the way around! Thanks for a fantastic year, fellers! :thumbs:

As for the prize procedure, I'll defer all the details to our Commish, Matt. My recollection was that we all sent our sticks to the champ, Sonuvabum (Gary), who then divied them up and sent them out to the 2nd, 3rd and last place finishers. I was grateful for his generosity toward me as the last place guy and I promise to be no less thoughtful toward this year's cellar-dweller, A-Town.

Thanks again for a fun-filled season, guys! I hope we can all get together again next year to compete for Puro Bowl III!

Doc

Always fun to play this league. I got just squeezed out of the playoffs this year. Missed it by literally just a few points. That didn't make it any less fun for me though.

Congrats (again) to Doc for a great finish and big thanks going out to Matt for keeping things going.

Count me in for next year boys. I'm already looking forward to it.

Gary

Great season Fellas and congrats to the Rubustos. I wish I was as lucky as you were Doc with the auto-picks. Being from Philly I know better then to draft McNabb. I tried to pull myself out of the cellar but all the guys I claimed off waviers never amounted to anything. And thanks to Matt for running the league, it was a lot of fun!

- Mike

just checking whether I might've missed a message somewhere on sending the prize sticks - who are they to go to?

Doc do you want to take charge of this? I know Matt said he would be tied up for a while.

Also, does 2nd place send in sticks and then get some back or just have it taken out of winnings?

Either way I am good.

I do agree though, Lets get Doc his sticks!!

Mine went out yesterday. Doc's addy is in his profile.
G-

Yep, send 'em to me and I'll divvy up and redistribute to the others. If you want to mark them for 1st, 2nd or 3rd that's fine, otherwise I'll just use my good judgement. Does everyone want me to post a list of who got what?

Yep, send 'em to me and I'll divvy up and redistribute to the others. If you want to mark them for 1st, 2nd or 3rd that's fine, otherwise I'll just use my good judgement. Does everyone want me to post a list of who got what?

I trust ya' Doc.

I did record all of that last year just in case there was a question from anyone. I can't remember if I posted it or not.

G-

My sticks will go out Monday, Tuesday at the latest.

Off to Mexico...................AGAIN......
Ill be back Sunday night.