• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CPFFL Year 8 - ESPN League (Sign-up & Season Thread)

It's going to come down to the wire for both of our matchups!

It's a pretty tight race right now. We're doing a four week playoff, which started last week. Each matchup competes for two weeks before advancing to the next round.

Semi finals matchups are:

Gary (1) vs Me (4)
Wyatt (2) vs Brandon (3)

Gary is first in both leagues??? How much does he pay for an expert to run his team?

Gary is first in both leagues??? How much does he pay for an expert to run his team?

Not bad for a newb, huh?

His draft was amazing! He landed Todd Gurley and LeVeon Bell. Just nuts!

This league I actually did the draft. The other CP league I auto-picked (because I had another draft that cost $$$$) and had to play catch up all year. It's half skill & half luck....and luck I didn't have last week when most of my team under performed against you. :eek:

Not bad for a newb, huh?

This league I actually did the draft. The other CP league I auto-picked (because I had another draft that cost $$$$) and had to play catch up all year. It's half skill & half luck....and luck I didn't have last week when most of my team under performed against you. :eek:

I'm dumbfounded that I won last week. My guys over performed for sure! I saw you had Gurley and Bell and pretty much chalked this leg up as a loss and was just hoping for a 3rd place finish.

When I saw your roster I had to research the draft results. I can't believe you were able to land those two running backs. Luckily for the rest of us, this isn't a keeper/dynasty league!

I wasn't able to recover from losing Kamara in the first 2 mins of the Saints game. Unless something weird happens tonight, I can't beat Freebern.

I wasn't able to recover from losing Kamara in the first 2 mins of the Saints game. Unless something weird happens tonight, I can't beat Freebern.

I'm not counting anything out, when it comes to Fantasy football.

LeVeon and Gurley both went off.... and I'm out! Barring a miracle, that is. What sucks is I have both of them in other leagues and needed them to do well, just not too well...

LeVeon and Gurley both went off.... and I'm out! Barring a miracle, that is. What sucks is I have both of them in other leagues and needed them to do well, just not too well...

I hear ya' on that one! It's the major conundrum of playing Fantasy Football in multiple leagues....o_O

That hurts. I have Kamara in two other leagues...but luckily had a bye in both this week. Like I said before, FF is half skill and half luck.

I was absolutely plagued with injuries this year.

Gents,

Let's not forget to re-cap league settings and post feedback so that we know for next year how to improve based off those that participated.

So far we need to increase draft time from 30sec to either 60 or 90.

Feedback on play-offs?

I like this playoff format. Extra draft time would be great! 90 secs is my suggestion.

I'm dumbfounded that I won last week. My guys over performed for sure! I saw you had Gurley and Bell and pretty much chalked this leg up as a loss and was just hoping for a 3rd place finish.

Great game bro...what an emotional roller coaster it was for the two of us over the last two weeks. Look at what I scored this week and you scored last week...:D It was ultimately decided by the weeks both our teams under performed....or, who sucked less!

===============================================

While I'm grateful I won because of the two week aggregate playoff format, I'm still in favor of the 'one & done' format. Taking the top 6 teams, with one and two getting a bye and the next four fighting it out to play in the next round, seems to get more people involved in winning it all. We should also try having the last four teams in the standings play for what we call the..."Toilet Bowl Championship'....with the winner getting $50 or so. Keeps everyone interested until the end.

We should consider scoring bonuses too...RB & WR gaining over 150yds in a game....plays over 50yds....FG over 50yds....stuff like that.

Also, having some bonuses at the 1/2 way point and conclusion of the regular season adds more excitement. Most points scored...best record...highest single game points scored....6 total bonuses. We could pay those off in cigars. So we could do a cash buy-in to pay off the final winners AND a sixer of cigars to pay off the bonuses....10 sticks for each bonus category winner in a 10 team league.

Food for thought....

Great game bro...what an emotional roller coaster it was for the two of us over the last two weeks. Look at what I scored this week and you scored last week...:D It was ultimately decided by the weeks both our teams under performed....or, who sucked less!

===============================================

While I'm grateful I won because of the two week aggregate playoff format, I'm still in favor of the 'one & done' format. Taking the top 6 teams, with one and two getting a bye and the next four fighting it out to play in the next round, seems to get more people involved in winning it all. We should also try having the last four teams in the standings play for what we call the..."Toilet Bowl Championship'....with the winner getting $50 or so. Keeps everyone interested until the end.

We should consider scoring bonuses too...RB & WR gaining over 150yds in a game....plays over 50yds....FG over 50yds....stuff like that.

Also, having some bonuses at the 1/2 way point and conclusion of the regular season adds more excitement. Most points scored...best record...highest single game points scored....6 total bonuses. We could pay those off in cigars. So we could do a cash buy-in to pay off the final winners AND a sixer of cigars to pay off the bonuses....10 sticks for each bonus category winner in a 10 team league.

Food for thought....

Didn't play in this league this year, wish I would have, but anyways; I like the thoughts above...not that my vote counts, but just saying. Also, if there is a spot to rejoin next year, count me back in.

Yeah - you hit it. I over thought my lineup and didn't pick up a guy I should've.

One thing that I did this year in another league was a survivor pool. Lowest scoring team is eliminated each week until there's only one team left.

Brees or Rodgers? That is the question!

You don't want my input. I over thought a matchup last week and it cost me the game...

That being said, maybe consider going with the guy who got you to where you are. With Rodgers, you don't really know what to expect in his first game back. Brees is going against a not-so-great Jets secondary. (I'm a Jets fan BTW) I don't know who'd I go with if I was in your position, TBH. The biggest factor is the point differential between the two probably wont be that great and personally, I think there'd be less risk starting Brees.

That same approach is what made me bench Williams last week. Which cost me 22 points. Had I started Williams, I would've won by 4. Thus securing the greatest upset in recent FFB playoff history!