• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CPFFL Year 8 - ESPN League (Sign-up & Season Thread)

You don't want my input. I over thought a matchup last week and it cost me the game...

That being said, maybe consider going with the guy who got you to where you are. With Rodgers, you don't really know what to expect in his first game back. Brees is going against a not-so-great Jets secondary. (I'm a Jets fan BTW) I don't know who'd I go with if I was in your position, TBH. The biggest factor is the point differential between the two probably wont be that great and personally, I think there'd be less risk starting Brees.

That same approach is what made me bench Williams last week. Which cost me 22 points. Had I started Williams, I would've won by 4. Thus securing the greatest upset in recent FFB playoff history!

Yep, I'm not going to go with the flow and start Rodgers. Brees got me in the finals, so I'm sticking with him. Now, if Rodgers goes off, then I'll definitely give him a better look for next week. But with the Panthers, Vikings and Lions being his next 3 opponents, that's going to be a tough road.

And to think we all passed on Gurley... Sometimes more than once.

72 points from Bell and Gurley!

You suck Gary.

LMAO! Goodwin & the Ravens D put up over 43 points! Ingram put up a 32...and all Freeman has to do is put up a 36 and the game is yours.

I just noticed...we do this again next weekend? I thought this game was the last one.

LMAO! Goodwin & the Ravens D put up over 43 points! Ingram put up a 32...and all Freeman has to do is put up a 36 and the game is yours.

I just noticed...we do this again next weekend? I thought this game was the last one.

Double weeks per matchup in the playoffs....makes it more consistent since the teams that normally do well during the season bench their starters at the end of the year if they lock up the playoffs.

Nope, two weeks again.

I'm going to need a crazy week to make up a 30pt deficit for 3rd.

Hey, Alshon Jeffery...

Finger.jpg

Nice f*ckin' goose egg on Christmas Day dickhead!

Once again it proves the point...you can never rely on anyone in Philly!!

Great game Freebird....you are The Champion!!

Hey, Alshon Jeffery...

View attachment 19196

Nice f*ckin' goose egg on Christmas Day dickhead!

Once again it proves the point...you can never rely on anyone in Philly!!

Great game Freebird....you are The Champion!!

I was watching the Texans game, cursing the damn QBs not getting the ball to Hopkins. Up 9 going into the Eagles game, I knew it was over. I was happy with 2nd place, winning any $$ is always a good thing.

Great season Gary. Maybe next year, we give an award to the season winner as well.

Final Standings:
  1. BFreebern (To be paid $100 by Brickhouse, Corneighdo, BigJake6904 x2...which covers Smoke'M in 7th)
  2. ironpeddler (To be paid $100 by mjolnir01 & drunkfish3)
  3. Johnny B (To be paid $100 by Acclaym)
  4. Brickhouse (To receive cigar related package from BFreebern)
Given this is Christmas and New Years...lots of traveling, etc. I believe giving a deadline of Saturday, Jan 6th for all debts to be paid is reasonable. Please reach out to the individual you are responsible for paying your entry fee to and make arrangements for that to happen by getting their e-mail address, etc.

I will update on the 6th or when all debts have been cleared. Merry Christmas everyone!

Great season Gary. Maybe next year, we give an award to the season winner as well.

Definitely a good thought for splitting up the pie...winning the regular season is tough whereas playoffs become more of a crap shoot (which is why I did the two week playoff system). Having all of this documented to refer back to for next year will be great.

Definitely a good thought for splitting up the pie...winning the regular season is tough whereas playoffs become more of a crap shoot (which is why I did the two week playoff system). Having all of this documented to refer back to for next year will be great.

Thanks for running the league! I ran a league for 10 years and it gets a little tiresome.

Thanks for running the league! I ran a league for 10 years and it gets a little tiresome.

I couldn't let it go to the wayside when Brian had to step away. The two CP leagues have always been my favorite and after playing them for 7+ years I hope we can keep it an annual thing. We can slowly adapt/ vote on the league settings to truly make it a league everyone enjoys year to year.

Congrats on a great season! I had the most Points Scored Against in the league by factors of hundreds, lol...but thats Fantasy for ya!

I really liked the 2 week matchups. It's something I'll be incorporating into one of my leagues. I just wish Yahoo supported it...

Congrats to the winners!

I hope there is room for me to jump back in next year!