• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CP's "Cigar 101" Newbie Pass 4

Ok here we go.

P: Opus X Perfexion X $12.00 T: AF Untold Story $12.50
P: Carlos Torano 1959 Exodus $3.48 T: 5 Vegas 55 $3.25
P: Oliva V Torpedo $6.04 T: Trinidad $5.60
P: AF Sungrown Cuban Belicoso $5.10 T: CAO VR $4.70

I'm trying to get these done tonight, so everyone let me know something.

Lets roll with it! You're getting this out tomorrow or will it be Friday? Either way is all good my man.

Done! I'll have it in the mail in the morning before I take off for NC. I'll post the DC# when I get to the hotel. Thanks a lot for having me Greg. This was a great learning experience!

Done! I'll have it in the mail in the morning before I take off for NC. I'll post the DC# when I get to the hotel. Thanks a lot for having me Greg. This was a great learning experience!

Was a pleasure having you in the pass Keith! I hate you're having to rush like this as I know you sure waited long enough. :D

Jamie - You ready for it?

Alright... I'm finally in North Carolina, after a 6 hour drive and I NEED a beer! They set me up in a swank hotel WITH A BAR!!!

Anyway Jamie, here you go, I mailed it out before I left. All the bead bags and pillows looked good, and the box is still intact, so it should be good to go.

D/C# 0309 0330 0000 7563 1495

Thanks again Greg, I hope to do this again sometime!

Pass arrived today. I'm headed out the door for a few hours. I'll inspect the contents when i get back and post my P/T's for approval.
On a side note. The pass didnt have to travel to long so USPS was not able to crush the box. Seems like everything i get from them lately has a damaged box.

Wow, this thing is finally coming to an end! Over three months of traveling. :thumbs:

Pass arrived today. I'm headed out the door for a few hours. I'll inspect the contents when i get back and post my P/T's for approval.
On a side note. The pass didnt have to travel to long so USPS was not able to crush the box. Seems like everything i get from them lately has a damaged box.

The box looks like crap but I took EVERYTHING out of it, and checked it, and it was still sturdy as hell, so I didn't replace it. JAmie I'm glad everything arrived okay. Enjoy!!

Ok here goes
T)Illusione 23 Culebra P)LFD Salomon...24.00
T) Tat Cojonu 2003 P)LFD Ligero Mysterio Oscuro...msrp $15.00
T)Tat Reserva SW P) Jose Seijas Figurado....$13.44(info i got from a different pass)
I would also like to get
T) Opus X Perfexion X P) Griffens Special EditionXXI 2005 (glass tube) it lists for 10.00 but im unsure of the rarity. The Opus is priced at 12.00. Looks like a good time to get one last quick discussion in before the pass heads back to you Greg . If this doesnt fly I can did through the humi and find something else for it.

Even if the Griffin's rare, I don't think it'd be enough so to reach the $2 disparity. That's kind of a jump.

Everything else looks great, though.

~Boar

Thanks for the input. iIwasn't sure if it would reach but had to ask. I'll dig deeper in the humi. You never know what you will find deep in the back.

Ok here goes
T)Tat Reserva SW P) Jose Seijas Figurado....$13.44(info i got from a different pass)
I would also like to get
T) Opus X Perfexion X P) Griffens Special EditionXXI 2005 (glass tube) it lists for 10.00 but im unsure of the rarity. The Opus is priced at 12.00. Looks like a good time to get one last quick discussion in before the pass heads back to you Greg . If this doesnt fly I can did through the humi and find something else for it.
How about T) Opus X Perfexion X P) Stradivarius de los Maestros...... msrp is right at $23.00 but i believe i got it for no more than 18.00.

I would also like to get

Okay...Let me first say that I know nothing of the Griffens, nor do I feel like doing the research. This is not meant as a direct comment at anyone, but general musings on the issue at hand.

The Price difference is the first point, its 2.00 Dollars short. Admittedly, you think this might not fly per your statement.

On a personal level, I try to be 100% positive that mine will pass muster. Sometimes that takes a PM or two to a senior member to discuss the situation. Different people have different opinions on things and there is some grey area to it. At the end of the day, though if you feel like your "trading up" then you probably are.

Rarity is the second issue, and I know I have brought it up before. Maybe I am completely wrong, I am not sure, no one has ever commented on it the other times; but to me rarity is a qualifier. Having a rare cigar(s) gives one the ability to trade it for other like cigars. It is hard to give it a tangible value, it just sort of is.

How much are you willing to pay for a BBMF Maduro? Seriously, 65-80 dollars is the going rate I have seen for a single. But if you had the scratch to buy a CF 22 it would be less. Its not just cigars, but classic cars, stamps, baseball cards, etc, etc... The end game is value is up to the beholder. That is why we use MMM guide as a price point for these. Yet people still get on auction sites and pay 20 dollars or more of #5 or xXx.

Is a cigar that is released 3-4 times a year really rare? Fuente produces 750,000 Opus a year (according to Modern Marvels "History of Tobacco"), in the grand scheme that is not a huge number, but if they are readily available.

Truly rare cigars are near impossible to find, yet they are given away free. What does that say about value? Yes Opus Maduro do exist, I saw them on Moki's site (along with a ton of other rare cigars), but even if you knew a person who had one, would they sell it?

It is late and I am getting wordy, so to sum it up...I personal don't feel that rarity imparts in extra value to a cigars MSRP.

Ok here goes
I would also like to get
How about T) Opus X Perfexion X P) Stradivarius de los Maestros...... msrp is right at $23.00 but i believe i got it for no more than 18.00.

These look good. Anyone have thoughts on the Opus/Strad?

I think that one's solid---rarity's there, and it's what, twice the price? Most people I know who've tried it say the Strad's way overpriced, yes (but who doesn't say that about MOST spendy sticks?) but no one's ever said it was a crappy smoke, either. Even at half the MSRP it'd be a good match, regardless.

~Boar

The pass is all boxed up and the beads rehydrated for the trip back home to you Greg. I'm headed out to the PO shortly and i'll post the DC# when i return.

Ok Greg your baby is headed back home. DC# 0308 3390 0000 8866 7454. Its been a blast everyone. I've learned alot but dont be surprised if some of you guys get a PM from me one day. There are always questions to be asked and what a great place to get the answers.
-Jamie-

Thanks guys! This was a ton of fun and a great learning experience!

One thing I wondered, after I sent the package out. Why aren't there all-virtual passes? It would be a lot of work for the host (I would do it, but I don't qualify yet) but I think it would save a lot of money. I paid almost $30 to ship the pass, it was the only low point of the pass for me, I thought that if I had to pay more than $15 to ship it I wouldn't do a pass again, it's not really worth it. So why not a virtual one? The passer could post their P/T's, and send them to the host with a pre-printed return shipping label. The host sends out the takes. Maximum shipping to almost anywhere would be $9.60. Plus, I think it might even go a little faster. Just a thought I had.