• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CP's "Cigar 101" Newbie Pass 5

I didn't mean for you to change your TP's Matthew, was just discussing. Would like to know what Greg and the others thought about the comments..

:thumbs:

Sir I understand and it was a good discussion to have.

I actually have to change them a little becuase I am caught at work for pretty much the next 72 hours straight, then I have to do some traveling. So I do not have as much time as I would like to be around the humidors to see what I have and do the comparison from home.

I am home now but only for a little bit (See added Puts). It is just a matter of this hitting me at a busy time. Discussion and input into this pass is what it is all about and I think that is awesome, never a bad thing. :thumbs:

DC# 06023699300000098066

I didn't get to leave work on time, so unfortunately this won't be underway until tomorrow morning.

I just checked the DC# you have listed Julius and there's no record found. Is this the right number and if so, when did it ship out?

^^ As I stated in another thread Greg, it seems like any DC's generated from Click-n-Ship have not been posting to the tracking page lately.

Don't know if it makes a difference yet, but I was expecting to receive the package today (based on when it was shipped and how far it had to travel) and it didn't arrive. Does anyone know if the USPS will be delivering on Monday (Columbus Day)?

Don't know if it makes a difference yet, but I was expecting to receive the package today (based on when it was shipped and how far it had to travel) and it didn't arrive. Does anyone know if the USPS will be delivering on Monday (Columbus Day)?

I completely forgot that Monday was a Federal Holiday. No, they won't be delivering.

The USPS is getting worse and worse with slow service. As a matter of fact, mailed off a couple of packages today. Got there 10 minutes before closing time and they had the doors already locked. I got the evil eye when they had to open back up. Oh well...I got my packages sent off.

Yeah I called those *&!#(!@#*'s today and all they could offer me for now is the number of the PO where I dropped it off. I called them, and they asked me to ride it out one more day. IF the package ends up lost and I have to file a claim, how do you want to handle it. I think for the most part I have a lot of the cigars from the list. The rest I can find locally with the exception of the 5 vegas '06 and maybe a couple others. I did insure the box for $300, but hell I'm not even sure that would cover everything or how long it's going to take to get the insurance money. That's what I get for having too much faith in a shipper. :angry:

And no, there's no record of the DC, fortunately I have confirmation email and will use that to start the process if need be.

Well, let's hope the box shows up in the next few days. Not sure how long to give it, but ya just never know with USPS.

I just checked the DC#'s on the eight packages I sent out on 10/12 and all state "No record found" for the tracking. I sent an email to USPS asking if their tracking system is down and if so, are packages on "hold" until its fixed. I'm hoping this is the case, however it's looking more and more like this thing is lost. If the pass still hasn't delivered, you'll probably want to go back to the PO you dropped it off at and start some sort of complaint. I'm sure what they'll tell you is that once they shipped it out, it's no longer their problem, at least that's what mine has told me when they lose one of my packages. Usually they say that whichever PO the tracking shows shipped to is who needs to be called, and has to be done by the receiver. With no tracking? I think we're screwed.

I still have not received the package. Let me know if I need to go into my post office and file a complaint.

I did a search and just picked this up off another site.

"Thank you for contacting the USPS Internet Customer Care Center. The package tracking system is currently experiencing issues. This is why you are currently unable to see any updated information for your recent shipment. The problem is currently being research and a resolution will be put into place as soon as possible. In the interim, if you copy and paste the Delivery Confirmation number into Track and Confirm application and add a "94" to the beginning of the number sequence, you will be able to see any scans that have taken place on your package. I apologize for the inconvenience."

I checked it out, put 94 at the beginning of a couple of my DC#'s shipped out a couple days ago, and it worked. I tried it with the pass DC# and got:

Label/Receipt Number: 9406 0236 9930 0000 0980 66

Delivery status information is not available for your item via this web site.

Whatever that means. We'll need to see what Julius can find out at the PO he dropped off the pass. They're going to have to tell him where it's last location was...or wasn't.

Julius - Did you use click n' ship? I did a little more reading and the "94" seems to only work with click n' ship labels.

I did use click and ship. I'll try that when I get home.

Today I saw a commercial asking people to try USPS for
business. At this point I wouldn't trust them to ship a turd.

Label/Receipt Number: 9406 2036 9930 0000 0980 66
Class: Priority Mail®
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™
Insured

We attempted to deliver your item at 3:24 PM on October 10, 2009 in POWELL, OH 43065 and a notice was left. You may pick up the item at the Post Office indicated on the notice, go to www.usps.com/redelivery, or call 800-ASK-USPS to arrange for redelivery. If this item is unclaimed after 15 days then it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Detailed Results:

Bullet Notice Left, October 10, 2009, 3:24 pm, POWELL, OH 43065
Bullet Arrival at Post Office, October 10, 2009, 10:42 am, POWELL, OH 43065
Bullet Mis-Shipped, October 09, 2009, 8:04 am
Bullet Electronic Shipping Info Received, October 06, 2009

Now...did they f that up and leave the notice at the wrong location?

Label/Receipt Number: 9406 2036 9930 0000 0980 66
Class: Priority Mail®
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™
Insured

We attempted to deliver your item at 3:24 PM on October 10, 2009 in POWELL, OH 43065 and a notice was left. You may pick up the item at the Post Office indicated on the notice, go to www.usps.com/redelivery, or call 800-ASK-USPS to arrange for redelivery. If this item is unclaimed after 15 days then it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Detailed Results:

Bullet Notice Left, October 10, 2009, 3:24 pm, POWELL, OH 43065
Bullet Arrival at Post Office, October 10, 2009, 10:42 am, POWELL, OH 43065
Bullet Mis-Shipped, October 09, 2009, 8:04 am
Bullet Electronic Shipping Info Received, October 06, 2009

Now...did they f that up and leave the notice at the wrong location?

I didn't get a notice on Saturday (or any other day for that matter). I will make a trip to the post office this morning and see what is going on with these guys.