• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Craft Beer Power Rankings

Over 2800 craft breweries in this country alone to date. Way too many untried ones for me to argue. I agree with the few on the list that I've tried, but my power list would be skewed toward the regional brews that I'm more familiar with.

I agree with the list for the most part with the exception of Stone and Cigar City. I find just about everything from both somewhat lackluster. Some good, but none of their offerings have that "gotta have" factor for me. I would have put Surly Brewing, The Bruery, Boulevard Brewing, and Goose Island on that list somehow.
Just like the Top Five Beers list on here. What makes one persons list, might not make another's.

Jesus Christ, Greensboro Vt. has a craft brewery? There ain't a thousand people live in that town. Trout fishing is pretty good at Caspian Lake. I think, but I'm not positive, Moonlight in Vermont was written about that town. It used to be a popular place for the Broadway crowd to summer in, way back in the day. Before my time, you wise asses.

Doc

Devil Doc said:
Jesus Christ, Greensboro Vt. has a craft brewery? There ain't a thousand people live in that town. Trout fishing is pretty good at Caspian Lake. I think, but I'm not positive, Moonlight in Vermont was written about that town. It used to be a popular place for the Broadway crowd to summer in, way back in the day. Before my time, you wise asses.

Doc
Where the hell you been.....vacationing?

Devil Doc said:

Doc
Damn good one too! http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/topic/75456-heady-topper/#entry1162618

Devil Doc said:

Doc

Heh, back on days when they'd sell Heady Topper at the brewery, they'd probably double the population.

I'll bet they sell very little beer to the locals. Woodchucks don't drink expensive beer. They drink Bud Lite, because they drink for honest reasons...to get drunk.

Doc

I looked at the list and saw the usual suspects.  Sounds about right.  One of the things that has turned me off of BeerAdvocate is the group's incessant need to rank everything.  It seems to have invaded all things craft beer.  People tend to spend far too much energy finding "the best" instead of enjoying what they have.  Maybe I'm spoiled living in an area that has so many options, but I see little need to chase all these highly sought after beers across the country.  I'm sure Heady Topper is a great beer but when I can walk into my local shops and grab any number of excellent beers sitting on the shelves, I don't really care to chase the ones I can't find.

I think the whole craft beer "society" would do better to view things on a more regional scale.  Embrace the regional breweries, odds are you can find something just as great right under your nose.  That's been my experience.  Sorry about the rant.

The Black Cloud said:
I looked at the list and saw the usual suspects.  Sounds about right.  One of the things that has turned me off of BeerAdvocate is the group's incessant need to rank everything.  It seems to have invaded all things craft beer.  People tend to spend far too much energy finding "the best" instead of enjoying what they have.  Maybe I'm spoiled living in an area that has so many options, but I see little need to chase all these highly sought after beers across the country.  I'm sure Heady Topper is a great beer but when I can walk into my local shops and grab any number of excellent beers sitting on the shelves, I don't really care to chase the ones I can't find.

I think the whole craft beer "society" would do better to view things on a more regional scale.  Embrace the regional breweries, odds are you can find something just as great right under your nose.  That's been my experience.  Sorry about the rant.
I personally am not that thrilled with the massive surge in craft beef popularity simply because of the sharp increase of douche bags at my locals. Sitting there with notebooks and laptops spread out blogging about the beer, wearing their preppy clothes and shit...

I'm bitter, lemme lone!

We just got Founders here in Arkansas.  It literally just hit the shelves in the last few days.  I'm hoping we get some KBS but I'm not holding my breath.  It seems that no brewery wants to send us barrel aged beers anymore.  You have to get on a waiting list to get BCS.  I was and didn't get any, not locally anyway :whistling: .  When Prairie first came out with Prairie Noir we got some but now they won't send us anymore.  Looks like I'm going to have to bootleg some of that too. :)  :love:

Can't go wrong with some the names on that list.  If I'm out and need a 6er anything Floyd's or Founders fits the bill very nicely and relatively risk free.  Otherwise, it's fun to try out some of the other local flavors, but you can get some brew that I wouldn't even want to use to cook brats.....

http://www.mammamiapizzabeer.com/main.php