• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Crawfish Boil

Does everyone in your party do the abdomen suck? Do you enforce it or just let them eat tail only if they want? I'm asking because some of my friends and family finds it gnarly and told me that they wouldn't do it... but it would be hard for me not to invite them but invite others.

We call it “suckin’ heads” and “pinchin’ tails”.

My wife and i usually eat five lbs per person or 8 pounds per person if you were born south of I-10!

Oh wow, this is an old post! :)

I used the Bayou Classic equipment, works really well. You'll definitely want to buy a large wooden spoon as well. The pot I have is made of aluminum, so it's only good for seafood boils; you can't use it for frying turkey's otherwise the pot will melt (need steel for hot oil).

I get my crawfish live from Louisiana shipped over night. The ones you see in the picture are considered large, and they were like small lobsters they were so big! I don't recall the size pot I use, but I think it's an 80 qt.

I use the traditional Zatarain's seasoning, plus I add lemon, onion, pepper, and some other spices. Toss in mushrooms, corn, shrimp, sausage and crawfish. Now I'm getting hungry... hmm, time to do this again soon! :)

Up here in lobster country we use crawfish for bait.;)

Doc

Love me some mudbugs.

The pot I have is made of aluminum, so it's only good for seafood boils; you can't use it for frying turkey's otherwise the pot will melt (need steel for hot oil).

:)

but you can fry a turkey in an aluminum pot, might not be the best or safest way to go, but it can be done....lol guess how I know?.....lol

T- the cajun - MX

FBACFD08-FB7E-4150-8CCF-2B5308386332.png
My neighbor does a boil every year, normally Derby Day, but it conflicted with their Cinco de Mayo plans so this is round 1 of 3 40 lb (of mud bugs) batches! He eats from the last batch as it’s the spiciest. Very tasty.

I used the Bayou Classic equipment, works really well. You'll definitely want to buy a large wooden spoon as well. The pot I have is made of aluminum, so it's only good for seafood boils; you can't use it for frying turkey's otherwise the pot will melt (need steel for hot oil).

I get my crawfish live from Louisiana shipped over night. The ones you see in the picture are considered large, and they were like small lobsters they were so big! I don't recall the size pot I use, but I think it's an 80 qt.

I use the traditional Zatarain's seasoning, plus I add lemon, onion, pepper, and some other spices. Toss in mushrooms, corn, shrimp, sausage and crawfish. Now I'm getting hungry... hmm, time to do this again soon! :)
I'll buy if you fry :)