• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

"Creamy." No longer a buzzword?

psyktek

Frugal Old Fart!
Back before I found this board I used to hang around on A.S.C. "Creamy" was a word often applied to cigars back then, both on that board and in reviews. It seems to have gone out of favor, and I always wondered what it meant, since I never felt like I experienced that.

Then today I was burning a Tres Mystique and it hit me: "Creamy" translates, for me, as an absence of bitterness rather than the presence of something!

Be interested in hearing other folks take on this. :)

Bob, I still use the phrase "creamy" when it is meant to be used. Some ceegars like a Monte# 2 or a PAM produce thick, rich, creamy smoke. While others just produce a lesser amount of smoke and would not be considered creamy. That's my $.02, but I still prefer my coffee the way it comes out of the pot. Hot, black and strong..... :D :thumbs: :p

stogieman said:
That's my $.02, but I still prefer my coffee the way it comes out of the pot. Hot, black and strong..... :D :thumbs: :p
Just like you like your women, right??

psyktek said:
Back before I found this board I used to hang around on A.S.C. "Creamy" was a word often applied to cigars back then, both on that board and in reviews. It seems to have gone out of favor, and I always wondered what it meant, since I never felt like I experienced that.
For what it's worth, the first cigar I had that I felt was "creamy" was the Perdomo Edicion de Silvio:

http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=5676

It just had a very smooth profile that left a nice semi-sweet milky taste in my mouth, similar to the aftertaste of drinking a glass of milk in character.

For future reference, all questions about "creamy" should be directed to MattR.

:sign: :0 :p

"Creamy" reminds me of the good old days, when we used to stop in at an original A&W Drive-In and get a big root beer in one of those icey-cold mugs with about an inch of that yummy foam on the top... :love: :love: :love:

I still would use the term.

IMHO :D

To me it does not apply to flavor but rather texture and consistency of the smoke. Some cigars burn with a weak anemic smoke that dissipates rather quickly , even in the mouth. Creamy cigars have a generous draw of a rich cohesive smoke that will still billow out even upon exhalation.

This tactile sense can be felt and understood by the palette upon smoking these cigars.

Erudition2000 said:
I like Stogieman's take. Creamy to me means thick textured smoke with a sweetness to it.
yep, sounds about right.

my 'creamies'

- Montie 2 ISOM
- Gurkha Centurian XX (hadns down the most-ison non-isom I ever smoked (if you can say that))

:thumbs: