• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Crushed Car Contest!

Okay let's see the money shot!

That may be the problem!
sad.gif

LINKY to the pics(they are also in my gallery)

The adjuster told me she'd look at it tomorrow morning and get me the numbers at that time.

Thats actually not as bad as i thought. I would be surprised if the declare it totaled.(my uncle is a claims adjuster and he looked at your pics and said the same thing)

Thats actually not as bad as i thought. I would be surprised if the declare it totaled.(my uncle is a claims adjuster and he looked at your pics and said the same thing)

Yea..it depends on how much the repair cost is....and any underlying damaged.

She said they go by 80% of value.
That would be about $10K+ in damage. :(

Also note...all the door gaps will have to be reset....they are ALL off(driver side open and passenger side closed).

A short track move for sure.

Yea the cosmetic damage isn't too too bad, but if the frame was jacked it will affect the car big time. I am hoping you get what you deserve on it, but I will settle for what I put in as my vote :sign:

Well gary...glad to see you back and posting, first off. Second, I doubt they will total it. Unless like I said, the airbags popped on the inside. If they didn't, and your seat belt cylinders didn't discharge either, they will probably fix it for something like $9k.

When my maggie got totalled it was only the front driver side quarter panel that got hit. I thought for certain they would fix it cause it didn't look too bad, I figured new quarter panel, hood, front bumper, engine type stuff like radiator and air box, etc. But they totalled it. I was told that once the entire dash airbags go and the seat belt cylinders go, its pretty much done. All that went on mine...but I got lucky...they basically paid off what I owed and cut me a check for some extra. I think I only had the car all of 6 months though.

I'd have to agree, when I crashed my t-bird a couple years back it was way more damage and it was barely totaled... Best of luck!

After seeing the pics I doubt if they will total it. Once they start fixing and find more damamge they will still fix it. That is what happened to me. My car was a lot worse but when they first looked at the they were like it can be fixed but three months later I beleive they put over $3,000 more into the car then it was worth not to mention my car rental. Good luck with everything.

Ok...who wants to look at the list?
biggrin.gif

TOTAL COST OF REPAIRS $11226.51

Now....since I've been a little groggy(sp?) and my intent was about what number the initial estimate would be....that's the number we are using!
Now....since I've been a little groggy(sp?)...we'll also get something out the the one closest without going over the:
"NET COST OF REPAIRS $10726.51" - that's minus the deducible!

I'll look back at the list and see who I owe.

Now who knows how I can ask them to put in new parts instead of used/reman'd!
sad.gif

Wow, that's a hefty bill!! I think I was closest to the "Net repair costs." ;) That frame damage is a tough one.

Nice job dirty that was a really close guess. What does 2nd place get? :sign:

Damn I was close. Nice job there DD

Art

Shit it looks like we have alot of fellas in the wrong field of work. There were quite a few guys right on the money with the costs.

I dunno gary, not sure how to get them to use new parts. I think you can request it, but it used/reman is available and your policy allows for that, I think you have to let them use those parts.

I suppose you could offer to pay the difference between used and new...but I doubt you would want to..

OK...so I'm late!!!

DC's will be posted as soon as I get them.

Thanks for playing.

Jamie 0103 8555 7496 9345 5177

Dave 0103 8555 7497 5636 9731

Well, how did I miss page 2?

mea culpa

Thank you Gary, I got mine today. It was a very pleasant surprise, I'd actually forgotten about this contest. I just got done doing some cyber sleuthing to try and pinpoint the mad bomber who blew up my mailbox!!! Then I saw this thread bumped and the lightbulb went on.

Thanks again!