• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cuban Vintage Reviews

winemaker

Does anyone know where one could find harvest reports or a vintage report for the cuban leaf?? Trying to find out which year is better than the other.
Cheers

Well, it is an agricultural product. But I would think that like wine, people must have a handle on how the crop is proceeding? I understand we are talking about an island that controls all forms of media. Just a question....

I have not encountered such a thing in any published sources.

Also, keep in mind that cigars can be made with tobacco spanning several years of production. Couple that with variation from vega (farm) to vega and region to region and it becomes easy to see why such a list, even if it were to exist, would be of minimal value in picking cigars. Additionally, tobacco is extensively processed quite unlike wine grapes which receive minimal processing aside from pressing and fermenting. But then I don't know much about wine making.

Wilkey

Thanks for the note. I thought as much, but sometimes you just need to ask. I used the search feature but was unlucky.
Thanks again

The only thing that I can think of that is anywhere close to what you're referring to is the general consensus about the quality of certain box years over others.

I would say that boxes dated '98, '06, and '07 are generally the best quality of the last decade. Opinions may differ.

The only thing that I can think of that is anywhere close to what you're referring to is the general consensus about the quality of certain box years over others.

I would say that boxes dated '98, '06, and '07 are generally the best quality of the last decade. Opinions may differ.

My favorite years are 98, 01 and 02. 1999-2001 are frequently panned, but if you have a good vendor (as I do), and unless that vendor recommends otherwise, you should be fine buying from those years.