• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cuesta Rey Stanford's 90th Camaroon Reserve

FlyFish

I got a fiver of these torps when they were released oh so long ago in honor of Mr. Newman's 90th Birthday. I put them in a baggie and they disappeared into the bottom of the morasse that is the bottom shelf of my Haier.

This month by whatever chance one made it onto the play list, and last night it met the flame.

This is a torpedo in the classic #2 format. It came in cello with a gold "sheath" wrapping the cigar from the band down to the foot. A second band is on the foot indicating Stanford's Camroon reserve.

I cut the tip of and the pre-light draw was perfect. The sweetness of the Camaroon was evident as I took a few pre-light draws. This stick burned sharp and fairly straight all the way. Not perfect but no touch-ups weer needed.

I'm not one who can normally taste hint of rose petals or the finish of leather mixed with citrusy undertones. I did enjoy this cigar immensly. I woud describe the body as medium. The flavoring to my taste budds was in the neighborhood of the larger hemingway formats, particularly the classic.

This one was a winner. I wish I'd have sprung for more when these hit the market.

They are really good aren't they... and sadly I smoked my last one a few months ago. I'm with you I wish I had of bought more when I had the chance.

I'm not one who can normally taste hint of rose petals or the finish of leather mixed with citrusy undertones. I did enjoy this cigar immensly.
Mmmmmm, citrusy rose petals. :D

I think I have one or two of these sitting around. I'll be looking forward to the chance to smoke them.

Wilkey

I know that the regular line of Stanford's camaroon wrapped Cuesta Rey cigars are everywhere...but no the 90th. And I thought the Stanford's 90th only came in a double corona made by Diamond Crown. Are you sure it was it says Stanford's 90th? I'm confused...

-Fetter

I know that the regular line of Stanford's camaroon wrapped Cuesta Rey cigars are everywhere...but no the 90th. And I thought the Stanford's 90th only came in a double corona made by Diamond Crown. Are you sure it was it says Stanford's 90th? I'm confused...

-Fetter
I think he's talking about THESE. I'm not sure if they have to do with the 90th Anniversary, but I'm no expert for sure.

They are very good cigars if you like cammies.

I have no affiliiation with the above linked site and have never dealt with them. That was just one of the first places to pop up on the Google when I did the search. My linking them here does not constitute any type of endorsement at all.

You know, I think they might have changed the blend. Me and some buddies have split a couple of boxes. One from last year and one a couple of months ago. The one last year was great!!! The one I had turned in the middle, but the good part, along with everyone elses, was great. The last ones we split were not so good. Not bad, but just an average or so smoke. I also tried one from a B&M and it was the same way. Might have just been a bad crop on em, but I wasn't impressed with this year's stock.

Its the 40th anniversary and it was a extremely limited one time only blend that is no longer made according to more than one site I found while googling.

So altercall if the cigars tasted different it was probably due to storage issues from where you bought them or they didn't age well or a combination of both.

Too much confusion.

As Shawn mentioned, the Stanford's 90th DC Maximus Churchill #2 is not the Stanford Cameroon Reserve Pyramid #9 that has been reviewed by Flyfish. They are still sold at Holt's. I don't know if this is a re-release of the cigar.

Too much confusion.

As Shawn mentioned, the Stanford's 90th DC Maximus Churchill #2 is not the Stanford Cameroon Reserve Pyramid #9 that has been reviewed by Flyfish. They are still sold at Holt's. I don't know if this is a re-release of the cigar.

Less than 2000 boxes were made originally, but we all know how the Fuentes and Newmans like to muddle the water, so it wouldn't surprise me if they did a re-release.

I spent close to 2 hours on google looking for info, and I didn't find a re-release mentioned anywhere. Also most of the shops say they are sold out. And those that still have them (didn't check Holt's) want close to 200 dollars a box.

I know that Serious Cigars has them in stock and Holt's has them on back order. The insert inside of my box says that this version was a 2006 release. Most boxes can be found for around $100.

My guess is that the cigar was recently re-released, but I'm not sure.

One of my B&Ms has the trops on the shelf. That was one of the cigars I tried. The other I ordered on line, though it was a churchill. My B&M is not in tight with Fuente so I would expect that the box of torps was not something special they received. I do think it was either a re-release, or they are a season release.

Hmmmm just as I thought, "THESE ARE A RARE ONE TIME RELEASE! (unless people buy a lot of them and then we will keep making them)" :rolleyes:

Don't matter, I got a great deal on a box earlier this week so I'm happy. I like Cameroon cigars and these are one of my favorites. I'm hoping you guys are wrong on them changing the blend though, the old blend was positively kick ass.

J.C. Newman is releasing it this year.. I can't remember if its the same size though. I ordered some boxes at the RTDA Houston.
I have half dozen of original release sitting in my humi. If someones interested I'll ship it out for $30~ :thumbs:

Too much confusion.

Less than 2000 boxes were made originally, but we all know how the Fuentes and Newmans like to muddle the water, so it wouldn't surprise me if they did a re-release.

I spent close to 2 hours on google looking for info, and I didn't find a re-release mentioned anywhere. Also most of the shops say they are sold out. And those that still have them (didn't check Holt's) want close to 200 dollars a box.

Someone at CF (I forget whom) begged them to produce boxes of them; looks like they listened. There's also a double corona of the same blend/wrapper out too.

Too much confusion.

Someone at CF (I forget whom) begged them to produce boxes of them; looks like they listened. There's also a double corona of the same blend/wrapper out too.

Thanks Andrew. its always great when you clear up some of the confusion around here. :thumbs:

My bad! Lilbastige has the right cigar. It was released limited and then liek they are want to do, the Fuentes made more. The one I reveiwed was from the original release.

So I'm guessing that only the original release had this included in the box?

stanfordcameroonqr1.jpg

Because that's the only paper I found inside the box when I opened mine today :)

And I smoked one and it was easily as good as the last one I had a few months ago. :thumbs:

Back