• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Culebras

handyman dave

Newbie - Still old but not dead yet!
Here are some culebras I found at a B&M in Missouri. The shop owner, whose late father-in-law previously owned the shop, said they were ordered by the late owner some years ago and have been in the humidor ever since. He said he thought they were Dominican but could not be sure. He also said he had no way to obtain any more.

gallery_6600_955_175815.jpg

Needless to say, I bought the last 8 he had.

Notice the 3 different wrappers in each bundle.

Does anyone know anything about these beyond what I was told?

Pretty cool find! It looks like atleast two of them have little beetle poop. I'll take one if you're offering.

Pretty cool find! It looks like atleast two of them have little beetle poop. I'll take one if you're offering.

Right you are! There are a couple of holes but I don't see many. Despite the damage, I couldn't resist them at $10 each.
They are currently doing a stint in the deep freezer to be sure the little buggers have eaten their last tobacco!

After a rest post-freezer I'll torch one and share the experience. Then, if you are still interested, we'll see what can be done.

nice find, i have yet to actually even see any of these in person. A full review with pictures is going to be in order.

This is a very cool find Dave! I'd definitely be interested if you decide to let any of them go.

Thats a nice find. I am also interested in one if you are offering.

Dave, Those look interesting. Were they in the original box, and if so, doesn't it have anything printed on it?
Lookin forward to a review on these.

Cool find. The local Tinderbox has some culebras (I forget who makes them) and I'm tempted to buy one every time I go in there.

Found em in Missouri? What part? They look very interesting indeed.

Dave, Those look interesting. Were they in the original box, and if so, doesn't it have anything printed on it?
Lookin forward to a review on these.

Actually, it seems that they came in bundles as he searched through some bundles in another humidor cabinet before announcing that there were no more. They were displayed in the B&Ms private label box. It says, "John Dengler, Seleccion Especial"

I look forward to smoking them! I'll post with pictures.

That sounds like a really cool find. I like the obscure stuff, especially if it turns out to be a fantastic cigar.

Here's a little something.

Dengler article

Thanks! This is very interesting. The St. Charles historic district is really lovely with lots of character and we like it a great deal. The son-in-law of John Dengler continues the business and serves on city council, continuing the family legacy of public service.

Those type of cigars were originally given to cigar rollers. They were allowed to take home 3 cigars a day hense the bundle of three. At least that's what I was told.

sooo... how do you smoke it? Is it like smoking 3 cigars at once or do you break it down?

Ery