• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cure for lost voice?

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
I've been struck by massive alergies and have lost my voice. Any special remedies?

Rod said:
I've been struck by massive alergies and have lost my voice. Any special remedies?
[snapback]187859[/snapback]​

Tea with honey and lemon usually helps me.

Hot water, lemon, honey, and a shot of bourbon. Though it might be best to do this in the evening. Other than that, gargle with warm salt water.

:cool:

I am not joking with this. Any time I'm ill I eat chili so hot it makes your eyes water and sinus' clear just bringing the spoon near your face and then chase it with Wild Turkey. Never had allergies so I can't say if it works for those.

I used to have severe allergies. I sought out a doctor who specializes in them. I now am allergy free. The honey and tea mix will give some relief.

Last time that happened to me I used Cepacol Sore Throat cough drops. Worked like a charm. You can get them for about $5 at any drug store or Walmart.

Hope you feel better Rod.

NorCalCigarLover said:
....Other than that, gargle with warm salt water.

:cool:
I can second the warm salt water trick. It works great for me....course, the W.T. isn't a bad idea either....:D

Regards - B.B.S.

tea and honey.... also, for a quick short lasting relief, just the honey.

I like AVB's cure... Except...

I put one teaspoon of honey, one teaspoon of lemon juice and one shot of whiskey (or bourbon) into a small sauce pan. I gently warm it up until it is totally mixed and becomes thin (not boiling). It should be hot, but not scalding. Pour it into a glass and shoot it down...

Do one of those and it'll clear your throat. Do three or four of those and sleep for hours!!!

I'm told that each of the ingredients has some medicinal effect. I just like the taste of it, personally!!!

Never lost my voice before. If I did though, I would certainly not be looking or a remedy. I would love to have an excuse to not have to talk for a while. :sign: