• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Current Regulations for Cuban Products

cabaiguan juan

Vote Panda 2024
I have an out of country trip (not to Cuba) this summer. What are the regulations for bringing back Cuban cigars/rum/coffee from a country other than Cuba?

I have an out of country trip (not to Cuba) this summer. What are the regulations for bringing back Cuban cigars/rum/coffee from a country other than Cuba?

I brought back two bottles of Cuban run from Rome.

Passed right through.

Same as bringing in booze or tobacco from any other country - same pre tax limits. Get Mobile Passport app if you are coming back in via an airport that supports it- faster than Global Entry and free.

Same as bringing in booze or tobacco from any other country - same pre tax limits. Get Mobile Passport app if you are coming back in via an airport that supports it- faster than Global Entry and free.
What is the Mobile Passport app that your talking about? What benefits does it have?

It is worth getting Global Entry and APEC (U.S. Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation Travel Card Program)

With APEC, not only do you bypass lines for customs, but you also do not need a Visa to any of the pacific countries...

Global entry allows you to bypass customs in European countries as well...

It only took about an hour (15 minute interview, 45 minute wait), then they do a background check, then mail you your cards...

Does any of that go away or get denied if you've ever received a customs letter?

What is the Mobile Passport app that your talking about? What benefits does it have?

Its a FREE app, unlike Global Entry. You fill out the forms on your phone instead of on paper. Didn't even have to itemize declarations. We went INFRONT OF the Global Entry Schmucks. Only 24 or so airports support it, but if you are flying through one, I highly recommend it. Super fast, easy, expedited. Loved it!

I can tell you that I was approved, and have had several customs letters...
I’ve had a a few letters myself and nothing ever happened. Strangely, I never freaked out about it either.

Its a FREE app, unlike Global Entry. You fill out the forms on your phone instead of on paper. Didn't even have to itemize declarations. We went INFRONT OF the Global Entry Schmucks. Only 24 or so airports support it, but if you are flying through one, I highly recommend it. Super fast, easy, expedited. Loved it!
Curses. I am one of those Global Entry schmucks. I fart in your general direction. Harumph.

I checked out the app and found that the one airport not supported by this in the DC airport happens to be the one I’m flying out off. Bummer.