• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cutters

Which cutter performs the best for you?

• Xikar X series

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Palio

• Swiss Army (Wenger) with mini scissors

• Davidoff double blade

• Cigar Scissors

• Some sort of punch

• Cheapie double blade

• V-cutter

• Boston Cigar Cutter

• Other

• Total voters
I love my white "Davidoff" labelled Zino. :thumbs:

I also don't mind using the cigar scissors once in a while at work.

I chose the cheapie double blade as it is the only "take it with me" cutter I have! :laugh:

I really like my Revolution scissors, though they stay at home.

I tried a punch several times, but I had problems with it's sharpness (or should I say dullness) and it never opened the cigar enough for my tastes.

Hoping for a Palio this Christmas from the wife or at least a gift card for it's purchase... :cool:

Gettiny my swiss army this week, after reading a bunch of great reviews. So far all i've tried though are cheapy cutters and a havana cutter, which worked GREAT the whole 4 days I had it/ Then the SO returned our rental car without getting it out of the glove compartment. :rolleyes:

Xikar X2

Put it down on the table, drop the top of the stick in, close it, smoke....

When I upgrade it will be to a Palio, I tried Brewmeister's when he was here and I really liked it.

But for now the X2 is taking good care of me.

Fingernail... unless it's a perfecto, then I use a cutter

I chose "other". I use double blade guillotines, as those are the cutters I've always had. I primarily use the Xikar or Palio, but sometimes one of the cheapies I keep squirreled away in my glovebox or wherever for emergencies.

I no longer "cut" the cap off, so the type of cutter stopped being a concern to me. I score the circumference of the cap (parejo heads) by gently squeezing the blades closed around the cap and rotating the cigar around until the cap pops off. I think of it as "scalping" the cigar. It is always a perfect cut for me.

Again, I use a double blade guillotine simply because that's what I have around and I have made it my personal objective not to become enthralled in expensive accessories any longer. I mean, how many cutters do we really need? Any decent knife will do just fine.

cheapie double bladed guillotine for me. Most of the time I use the "score and lift" method, unless its a figurado type shape (like perfecto or torpedo), then I cut it.

Xikar most of the time. I have a cheapie double-blade laying around the bench in the garage, and a cheapie single blade in my golf bag that works awesome.

I have been known to use a punch at times too on a Corona with a nice draw.

I generally use my pocket knife unless it is a tapered head (perfectos, torpedos) and then just a cheapie free cutter. I did use my knife, but scored my own thumb a time or two. I would use my fingernails, but they are generally worn to the nub.

I have an Xicar, Palio and a Wenger Swiss Army. They all work. The Swiss Army knife is better suited to my life style because I've always carried a jack knife.

Doc.

My Davidoff double blade is the only higher-end cutter I've ever owned (it was a gift from a friend). It works really well. But so do the cheapies, and my Spyderco Delica (slicing the cap off).

Started off with a double blade cheapie, bought the Xikar and never looked back. Never felt the need for anything "better" as the Xikar works flawlessly, every time. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".... I also tend to score the cap and lift it off rather than just chop away on most cigars; torps obviously require a little different technique... :cool:

Cheers - B.B.S.

I use my Xikar X2 fairly often, but most of the time reach for my Xikar multi-tool. I feel it is a bit sharper, and I always carry that with me since it has different tools on it that I can use to adjust the flame on one of my lighters and things like that. I normally use the "score and lift" method (thanks to a great thread here!) so if I am without a cutter, I'll gladly do as moki does and just use my fingers!

I use a punch on everything (except for cigars that have a pointy end).
In that case I use a "cheap" double bladed guillotine.