• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cutters

Which cutter performs the best for you?

• Xikar X series

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Palio

• Swiss Army (Wenger) with mini scissors

• Davidoff double blade

• Cigar Scissors

• Some sort of punch

• Cheapie double blade

• V-cutter

• Boston Cigar Cutter

• Other

• Total voters
Well I'll be damned, you learn something every day. Until reading this post (and I was the first to respond the the poll) I never heard of the "scoring" method. So basically you just score the wrapper around the cap and peel it off? Hmmmm

That's it bro. It's "old school". Most "connoisseurs" use their thumbnail to score just the cap and peel it off. :thumbs:

~Mark

They called me "ghetto"!!!

I use a punch on everything (except for cigars that have a pointy end).
In that case I use a "cheap" double bladed guillotine.

You must be a Corona Man... :whistling:
Punches are not just for coronas...
One of my punches can't be used on anything smaller than a 52 ring gauge cigar.
The diamater of the two punches are 9mm and 12.5mm.
http://www.cigarworld.pt/detail.asp?p=1525&cat=221

(but I do tend to like coronas and PC's)

One more thing, here is a link to an earlier post on cigar cutter reviews by ECCJ - cutter reviews

Part 1 is cutters and part 2 is punches

I only use my punch on Coronas and Petite Coronas... Its just the right size for them.

Well I'll be damned, you learn something every day. Until reading this post (and I was the first to respond the the poll) I never heard of the "scoring" method. So basically you just score the wrapper around the cap and peel it off? Hmmmm

That's it bro. It's "old school". Most "connoisseurs" use their thumbnail to score just the cap and peel it off. :thumbs:

~Mark

They called me "ghetto"!!!

That was just me that called you ghetto...I stand by it!

Most of the time I just use cheap Havana Cutters (I think that's what they're called). Great cut and don't care if I lose them.

Started with a cheapie twin, then migrated to to Zino and currently using a Xikar, though I do have the scissors and punch's. My xikar seems to be getting a little dull so I may try a punch for a little while, just rec'd 2 on a recent cbid order. May have to look for a deal on the palio.

I have about 5 other double blade guillotine cutters, but stopped using all of them once I bought the Xikar. I am really wanting a Palio since I have seen this thread, though.

trying to get the teeth thing down, my thumb nail is getting dull.