• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cutters

Which cutter performs the best for you?

• Xikar X series

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Palio

• Swiss Army (Wenger) with mini scissors

• Davidoff double blade

• Cigar Scissors

• Some sort of punch

• Cheapie double blade

• V-cutter

• Boston Cigar Cutter

• Other

• Total voters
Palio!
Thanks again Mark!
Used to do the Xicar cutter and the Multi-tool...

-Rob

Palio!
Thanks again Mark!
Used to do the Xicar cutter and the Multi-tool...
-Rob
Why did you change?

Because he used one at the Quad State Herf and loved it :thumbs:

Oh, and it matched his shirt :p

028.jpg

~Mark

Well I'll be damned, you learn something every day. Until reading this post (and I was the first to respond the the poll) I never heard of the "scoring" method. So basically you just score the wrapper around the cap and peel it off? Hmmmm

Well I'll be damned, you learn something every day. Until reading this post (and I was the first to respond the the poll) I never heard of the "scoring" method. So basically you just score the wrapper around the cap and peel it off? Hmmmm

That's it bro. It's "old school". Most "connoisseurs" use their thumbnail to score just the cap and peel it off. :thumbs:

~Mark

That's it bro. It's "old school". Most "connoisseurs" use their thumbnail to score just the cap and peel it off. :thumbs:

~Mark

Does that mean Andrew is a connoisseur? :sign: :sign: :sign:

Man, I cant wait to have a cigar now tonight and try this. If only I didn't just cut my nails! :laugh:

~Mark

~Mark

Does that mean Andrew is a connoisseur? :sign: :sign: :sign:

Moki also grinds up cigars and makes coffee out of them. I would take his methods with a grain of salt. :p

I use a punch on everything (except for cigars that have a pointy end).
In that case I use a "cheap" double bladed guillotine.

You must be a Corona Man... :whistling:
Punches are not just for coronas...
One of my punches can't be used on anything smaller than a 52 ring gauge cigar.
The diamater of the two punches are 9mm and 12.5mm.
http://www.cigarworld.pt/detail.asp?p=1525&cat=221

(but I do tend to like coronas and PC's)

One more thing, here is a link to an earlier post on cigar cutter reviews by ECCJ - cutter reviews

Part 1 is cutters and part 2 is punches

Man, I cant wait to have a cigar now tonight and try this. If only I didn't just cut my nails! :laugh:

~Mark

Here is the link where I first learned about score and flip. Wilkey provides some nice step by step photos. There is also the slobber and peel method that Wilkey also shows in the same post. I only used that once, and I took off the entire cap by accident, definitely needs some practice with that move.

I decided on the Xikar Multi-tool from cigarmony, this way I don't have to carry both a knife and a cutter... for those of you that haven't dealt with Mark at cigarmony.com, don't hesitate, his customer service is beyond great.

I used the 'score' method for a few months, then I started trying some smaller RG vitolas and found that the binder opening was often smaller than the cap. So, the binder was restricting the draw, and I had to clip them anyway just to get a decent draw. I said F-it and went back to my cheapy guillotine.

Got the Wenger swissy today though, gonna try it out tonite.

I just got a Palio yesterday and have only cut one stogie with it, but I am officially emotionally tied to it :) What a great cutter :love:

I used the 'score' method for a few months, then I started trying some smaller RG vitolas and found that the binder opening was often smaller than the cap. So, the binder was restricting the draw, and I had to clip them anyway just to get a decent draw. I said F-it and went back to my cheapy guillotine.

You're going to love it. Not only will it clip your cigars, it'll open your wine, your imported beer and C-Rats, tighten your loose screws, defend yourself and clip your nose hairs. Can a Palio do that?

Doc.

I have found the same thing with the smaller rings.