• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cutting your cigar

I tried the angled cut once and didn't think much of it. But I won't give up on it. I'll probably try it again soon.

Found it...

No conversation about cigar cutting would be truly complete without mentioning the "Dick Cut." Now stop laughing and let me explain... It is named in honor of its biggest proponent, Joe Dickman, the soon to be retired Fuente-Newman west coast sales rep. This is a straight cut, but done at 45-degree angle. This cut opens a tremendous surface area and directs the smoke down onto the palate - the idea being that it will maximize the cigar's flavor.

Jeffrey L.
First off I’m not comfortable calling a cigar cut a "DICK CUT" then putting it in your mouth :whistling: it just bothers me A LOT I don’t about all of you guys lets just call it an angle cut :D :p
x2!

LMAO!!

Jeffrey L.

The older gentleman that taught me how to smoke pipes and cigars always used this cut. He called it the "Old English Cut". He said his grandfather should him this.

The older gentleman, his name was Mike, was in his mid 60's when he taught me.
So, Mike showed me... 30 years ago
His grandfather showed him... when Mike was in his 20's...70 years ago.
His grandfather was at least 50's when he showed. So, maybe the grandfather learned
a 100 plus years ago. Is Joe Dickman over a 100 years old???

I will go on the record by saying the "angle" has been around a lot longer than Joe Dickman.
I'm sticking with the Old English Cut... :thumbs:

-KiltLad

I'm currious why no one mentioned the newbies. I heard that the reason why someone would do this is usually new to cutting and does not know how much to take off. So to prevent a newbie from cutting into the actually wrapper (instead of just clipping the head)and having it come apart.

I tried the DICK cut once and didn't think much of it. But I won't give up on it. I'll probably try it again soon.

umm...

That's what she said......

Tim