• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dalmore re-visits their Cigar Malt

BlindedByScience

Proud Father of a Kearney, NE LEO
Staff member
http://robbreport.com/Wine-Spirits-Cigars/Relighting-the-Cigar-Malt

...from the article;

"....But now, with cigar smoking once again in vogue, The Dalmore has introduced a new and vastly improved cigar malt, The Dalmore Cigar Malt Reserve ($125). As Paterson notes, it is a completely different single malt from his two previous versions, and was inspired by today’s trend toward fuller-flavored cigars....".

Just might be worth a re-visit....the original was good stuff.  Thoughts...??

Im gonna have to try this. 125 is pricy. I can get a good Balvenie for that.

I thought the same thing....$125 buys you lots of choices.....

Never tried the newer released but as some said, for that price I'll hit an other bottle first. Maybe when I have stacked up my Talisker 18 reserve (I'm obsessed with the bottling lol)

"...with cigar smoking once again in vogue"

When was smoking cigars out of fashion again? :whistling:

I would like about 6oz of this just to see what it tastes like.   $125 is way rich for my blood.

emoshun said:
"...with cigar smoking once again in vogue"

When was smoking cigars out of fashion again? :whistling:

....never around here, that's for sure..... :p

Costco had the new Cigar Malt for $100. Passed because it was the holidays. Sold out the following week.

".....and was inspired by today’s trend toward fuller-flavored cigars."

Does that mean more peat in this scotch?

So in this particular ideation of scotch meets cigars, does this mean Ligero = Peat?

I still have close to 1/2 a bottle of the old cigar malt and haven't even opened my bottle of Grand Reserva. Apparently I'm not drinking enough. 

Alright, who's starting the bottle purchase?
My mouth was watering reading on their website... Sounds like a have to try.

One of the best things about the original Cigar Malt was that a fifth of it only cost $32!!!  

So first they say the $70ish Gran Reserva "replaces" it and NOW they slap the name on something that costs 4X as much?

Nice marketing there, Dalmore.   ???

~Boar

Not A Nice Person said:
One of the best things about the original Cigar Malt was that a fifth of it only cost $32!!!  

So first they say the $70ish Gran Reserva "replaces" it and NOW they slap the name on something that costs 4X as much?

~Boar

I can certainly see that being the case.
Probably why they discontinued the Reserva...

Not A Nice Person said:

~Boar

That's what I thought Boar....thanks for verifying that. I didn't think the originals were priced so high.

You can buy some really nice scotch, that we know we like, for $125 a bottle.

I'll wait for the BigBear to dole out the skins and give it a try!...then he can do a review on it. :laugh:

Eight people - QSH - 125/8 = 15.63 each - a splendid review....food for thought....??

ironpeddler said:

~Boar

That's what I thought Boar....thanks for verifying that. I didn't think the originals were priced so high.

You can buy some really nice scotch, that we know we like, for $125 a bottle.

I'll wait for the BigBear to dole out the skins and give it a try!...then he can do a review on it. :laugh:

Right now my local Spec's megachurch of Scotch has cask strength Glendronach in that price range---a 17 and a 21 year old @ $119 and $139.  If I had it to spend at the moment, that's what I'd be dropping THAT kind of coin on!  :love:

~Boar

BlindedByScience said:
Eight people - QSH - 125/8 = 15.63 each - a splendid review....food for thought....??

I don't drink scotch but will give it a try and be one of the 8!

Let me know,
Paul

BlindedByScience said:

OK, stop twisting my arm already...I'm in, I'm in!

ETA: Read this LINK to see what cigar they used as a reference point for it's flavor.