• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Damn...

Golfanatic

The Biggest Newbie on CP
I can't believe I just got laid off. Very angry. They just shut my entire department of 25 down. I can stay through 12/19 and then a 6 week severance package. Right before Christmas!

Well I guess I can't dedicate any more funds to this habit for a while. I may still read a post here and there.

Wish me luck for future endeavors!

That IS terrible. I hope you able to find a new job soon! Try to enjoy your holidays anyways though.

Don't waste your energy on anger or pity. Hit the ground running - your new job is to secure your new job. Remember, you are more likely to move up than down.

The same thing happened to me last year.I was fortunate enough that I didnt have to start looking till after the !st of the year.
Found a new job rather quickly,Great place and its a 4 day work week.
Keep your chin up enjoy the holidays then find an even better job. Good luck

DON

I agree with Bruce. Put your energy to good use. Find a job quick and treat the 6 weeks pay as a bonus.

Hang in there.

Good luck to you, you'll do fine. I was laid off a couple of years ago and thought my world had ended. I landed a great job and am much better off today than I was at the time so Bruce is right once again. Let us know how you end up and smoke a good one!!

Ouch,

It's tough times right now but I'd have to agree with Nullsmurf in just hitting the ground running. I've been walking on eggshells around my place as well. Something tells me we're going to see a lot of this in the coming months.

My best to you and your future dream job.

Thanks everyone and good advice. I have applied to 5 things already...gotta love Monster!

What a horriable time of the year for companies to do this, sorry to hear it, good luck in finding a new job quickly.

Very sad that people would do this right before Chistmas. My luck goes with you in finding a new (and better!) job.

I know the feeling. Start looking and I'm sure you'll find something better, it happens to the best of us.

I can't believe I just got laid off. Very angry. They just shut my entire department of 25 down. I can stay through 12/19 and then a 6 week severance package. Right before Christmas!

Well I guess I can't dedicate any more funds to this habit for a while. I may still read a post here and there.

Didn't you just post recently, that you wanted to go to Golf Pro School but Mom made you finish college so you could get a good job? I hope this doesn't sound bad because I wouldn't hurt your feelings for anything in the world but IIRC, thre is some pretty sick irony and I wonder how Mom is feeling right now?

Brother I just went through it. I got laid off on Nov 7th and its like a punch in the gut! I feel your pain. I was fortunate to find a job 2 weeks later...started last money. Same money better job! So it could be a blessing in disguise and also you will get the support that you need here as I did. We have a great network of friends among us...stay positive and send emails to everyone you know, get on monster and careerbuilder, find those head hunters and it will come full circle. Prayers are with you! Especially in these stressful times and in the middle of the holidays!

Best!

~ t

Best of luck in your search. Get out there and find a new and better job! You can do it!

:thumbs:

Didn't you just post recently, that you wanted to go to Golf Pro School but Mom made you finish college so you could get a good job? I hope this doesn't sound bad because I wouldn't hurt your feelings for anything in the world but IIRC, thre is some pretty sick irony and I wonder how Mom is feeling right now?

Yeah your right but I wish I could. It costs money to go back to PGA school instead of making money and paying mortgage.

Damn Darin! Sorry to hear about the job, bud. So with your severance, you have 9 weeks to find a job. Any chance Iron Mountain is hiring? That would be quick and easy, eh?