• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Davidoff 5000

NorCalCigarLover

The Wine Guy
I was gifted this cigar from and unidentified BOTL a few months ago and was waiting for a special occasion to enjoy it, that special occasion came on my birthday last week. I wasn't planning on doing anything special on the b-day except go out for Cuban food and enjoy a fine cigar, turned out the Cuban restaurant that I wanted to go to was closed on Monday's so it was burritos and a nice Syrah.

This particular tasting was going to be all about the experience, forget about breaking down the taste profile, I was going to do everything to just enjoy this smoke. My cousin ended up coming over to share a bottle and a b-day smoke, so it was a nice relaxing evening. I put some good jazz music on the stereo and we sat back to enjoy the evening.

gallery_1481_26_3637.jpg

gallery_1481_26_4730.jpg

Perfect construction, perfect size and the aroma was wonderful. I was now getting worried that with all the anticipation I was setting myself up for disappointment. Nope, a perfect burn and a taste that was simply outstanding. My cousin, who doesn't ever notice what I'm smoking, couldn't believe how good this cigar's burn smelled. "What the heck are you smoking?" ...... a piece of cigar heaven :D

gallery_1481_26_46817.jpg

Needles to say, this was probably the best cigar I have ever enjoyed and I couldn't think of a better way to enjoy a B-day. Thanks again to the anonymous BOTL for sending me this truly fantastic cigar.

:cool:

Let's see if the unidentified one will come out of the shadows...

Nice review David!

Love them. Be on the look out for the soon to be released Davidoff 6000, a robusto format - 5 x 48.

Great Review and pics Dave!! That's probably the closes that many of us will get to a Cuban Davidoff. Although, we can always dream. :D

Love them. Be on the look out for the soon to be released Davidoff 6000, a robusto format - 5 x 48.

Hehe.... I'm pretty sure you are confusing this with the Dominican blend...... totally different cigar.

Glad you were able to celebrate your day with such a nice cigar...... a piece of Cigar Heaven indeed! :thumbs:

Back