• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dead Island anyone?

Yeah, getting past the first hour or so, the game starts to fall into a better rhythm.  Story line still pretty crappy though.

http://www.gamepro.com/article/features/223158/overthinking-it-dead-island/

Interesting take on what you just posted.

Story line? Pick up boat paddle, whack over the head of attacking zombie.. rinse, repeat. There's a story line?

:laugh:

Regardless, this is one of my favorites right now... if not THEE fav. I find it totally fun, relaxing and best of all... stress relieving to slice up zombies (and Humans it would seem later in the non-existant story! :p ). And, when one of the characters has a skill that makes him a more efficient killer when he's DRUNK... well hell, why wouldn't it be someones favorite game! :thumbs:

many many hours in... and barely into the 3rd act (jungle).. already have 3 toons I'm playing and soon to be a 4h when you get the game, Shawn...

I'm playing this on xbox, sadly enough :(

Don't let Jon see it... if he squealed in L4D, he'll certainly faint in this!

Jim, I agree with you. If anyone bought this game for the storyline....well, you should have known better!

It's like seeing the movie Predator and being upset because there wasn't an intricate storyline and deep, complex characters. Who cares? You watch it to see shit get blown up. It's bubblegum for the brain, as my good friend Dan always says!

Its the game pissing me off, not the story.

Only one character benefits from getting drunk while fighting, but the other three will still randomly equip a bottle and then fall down drunk at the feet of the zombies trying to kill them.

When leaving the inventory or crafting screen you make a combat move... not too bad unless you are in a small room and happen to have a deo-bomb or Molotov equipped. Then you kill yourself.

Log out after turning in a quest in a safe house. Restart the game and find yourself in an area surrounded by zombies. This was fun when I decided to go to the bathroom and heard my character getting his ass beat over the speakers... I almost did a zipper rip trying to save him from death.

Its fun but it needs a few more patches.

Huh... not found the restart surrounded issue. The booze auto-equip is a pain in the ass, but I've started checking that my carried items was not changed after all the booze I pick up. Saves a lot of grief! And use ESC to exit screens and you won't do the combat move leaving screens... pain to have to do but it works.

Hit me up...lets curb stomp together!!

Still no problems with game on PS3. BUT I think I played to much of this game my PS3 got the RED blinking light and game is now stuck in there. Been reading up online for ways to fix but man I need zombie killing to take work stress away. I really hope I dont have to get a new PS3

I love this game for a stress reliever... I don't look for story, I don't look for difficulty or mulitplayer (altho Co-Op is a hoot!)... I simply wanna bash in zombie heads after dealing with idiotic 911 calls all day.

And I gotta tell ya... get a heavy duty hammer (Gabriele's Sledgehammer) and add the Tesla mod to it... yeHAW! I pounded some thugs with one hit, and they FLEW off the mountain... and I do mean FLEW. I never saw them land... just saw the points rack up on the screen when it finally landed. Laughed so hard I about spit my coke on the screen!

Those aren't bugs they are lazy programming. It could be very well PC only problems resulting from a lazy console port.

Jim, I've been playing over a friends house. Once I have the money on PayPal I'll send you a PM.

My friend and I have been switching off and just made it into the "city" I love how hard the game gets at times, I don't mind dying when its an epic battle I die in.