• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dearest newbies...

I've been a member of several cigar sites since '01. I filled out my profile, with addy, on each one. Previous members touted the fact that they send out "newbie" packages. I never recieved a single one from all 7 boards. I since have taken off my addy in all profiles except Toraño. I am not bitter or upset. I can buy my own stogies. I'm not slapping anyone in the face. There are many, many fine, generous botls here and at the other sites. I am only posting this to let you know that I have always felt an outsider because of it. It's ok. I don't mind being an outsider. It's just the place where I am at the moment. No harm, no foul.
Same here, except that I actually filled out my address on this site because people were always talking about the bombs they get. Was thinking I would get one to expand my tastes, but never did. No biggie as I have bought an enormous amount of smokes, 2 wine coolers, and a bunch of accessories. Once I get my tastes narrowed to a few smokes I will be bombing newbies left and right. As that is how I thought it was supposed to be; helping people get hooked on this heroin, I mean hobby. And since I will be hitting Europe for the next 4 years, I will get to expand and pass on even more. Hell, I love sharing my diseases with people. That's why I'm always recruiting more people into homebrewing. It gives you another person to share the enthusiasm and passion with.

You mention homebrewing. I just started the practice before I deployed - hopefully I still have a few bottles of a oatmeal stout I brewed before I left. I'll see what six months does to the taste. :cool:

Didn't realize address in profile was a common thing.
emot-tinfoil.gif

I just do not want people sending me anything. At some point i will be in the position in life that i can be a more active participant. This is not one of those moments. Until i can also get some sticks out for others i am good.

That being said, i have recieved sicks from some great guys. I even got to eat lunch accompanied by a fantastic cigar with a great botl.

You mention homebrewing. I just started the practice before I deployed - hopefully I still have a few bottles of a oatmeal stout I brewed before I left. I'll see what six months does to the taste. :cool:
Those oatmeal stouts age pretty good. Especially if leaning more towards the Imperial Stout in alcohol content. It's too bad we can't brew while deployed huh? Well I guess we could, but getting caught was never anything I wanted to risk.

I've been a member of several cigar sites since '01. I filled out my profile, with addy, on each one. Previous members touted the fact that they send out "newbie" packages. I never recieved a single one from all 7 boards. I since have taken off my addy in all profiles except Toraño. I am not bitter or upset. I can buy my own stogies. I'm not slapping anyone in the face. There are many, many fine, generous botls here and at the other sites. I am only posting this to let you know that I have always felt an outsider because of it. It's ok. I don't mind being an outsider. It's just the place where I am at the moment. No harm, no foul.
Same here, except that I actually filled out my address on this site because people were always talking about the bombs they get. Was thinking I would get one to expand my tastes, but never did. No biggie as I have bought an enormous amount of smokes, 2 wine coolers, and a bunch of accessories. Once I get my tastes narrowed to a few smokes I will be bombing newbies left and right. As that is how I thought it was supposed to be; helping people get hooked on this heroin, I mean hobby. And since I will be hitting Europe for the next 4 years, I will get to expand and pass on even more. Hell, I love sharing my diseases with people. That's why I'm always recruiting more people into homebrewing. It gives you another person to share the enthusiasm and passion with.

Umm... this sounds like a "feel sorry for me" post. Am I missing something here? ???

Those oatmeal stouts age pretty good. Especially if leaning more towards the Imperial Stout in alcohol content. It's too bad we can't brew while deployed huh? Well I guess we could, but getting caught was never anything I wanted to risk.

Don't want to violate GO#1 - I plan on sticking around for a few more years. But setting up something like M*A*S*H wouldn't be too bad either! All the same, once back I'll start brewing and see what I end up liking.

Fill out your profile!

This means your address and cigars you like! I clicked through quite a few profiles on the introductions page that had NO information what-so-ever.

Comeon now... :rolleyes:

Okay, it's done. But only because you ordered me to do it. :rolleyes: :thumbs:

I didn't know filling out contact info and such was common on cigar forums. I just naturally put my personal contact info out everywhere on the net that I can just hoping to one day have a stalker. No luck so far though lol

Where'd all these guys come from?

I haven't even been away that long, guess I should start reading the intro section.

Umm... this sounds like a "feel sorry for me" post. Am I missing something here? ???

You should read the WHOLE post. I am NOT asking for sympathy and you should apologise. Your comment is iappropriate!

Yeah. You're missing the violin player. Allow me.

464-1.jpg

Ok. You guys want to turn this site into CF? I can play this way too. Just say the word. READ my post. The WHOLE post.

You should read the WHOLE post. I am NOT asking for sympathy and you should apologise. Your comment is iappropriate!

Yeah. You're missing the violin player. Allow me.

464-1.jpg

Ok. You guys want to turn this site into CF? I can play this way too. Just say the word. READ my post. The WHOLE post.

Go get bent. You were attention whoring and very public with it. I'm saying the word. Wahtcha got? Bring it.

Trey

Ok, the peanut gallery shows up. Fighting for your boyfriend, eh? Well, let's see, how many posts do I have in how many years here. Yeah, I can see where you would call me an attention whore. Moron!

I filled a little more information out in my profile. I still need more but I'm working on it.

I read your whole post. It still sounds like you are saying "Hey I tried to let you guys bomb me (like I felt you should) but when you didn't I realized my calling as a deep and brooding iconoclast and anointed myself a 'fringer'. It's cool though because I like solitaire best"

Seriously though.... you can't read through that post and miss how the tone resonates with asking to be bombed so you will no longer be an 'outsider'. I don't really care because I left my emo makeup at home today, I'm just sayin... if it's a duck call it a duck

Ok, the peanut gallery shows up. Fighting for your boyfriend, eh? Well, let's see, how many posts do I have in how many years here. Yeah, I can see where you would call me an attention whore. Moron!

*Facepalm*

Seriously dude. You need a hobby.

Trey

All kidding aside, I really was not asking for bombs or such. I felt that I had spelled that out well enough but apparently I didn't. If it sounded like I did, sorry. Didn't mean to cause a problem for the board.

Goodness all this going on simply from someone reminding newbs (I am one myself) to put shipping info and fill out cigar info in your profile. I know from several Buys i have done that having the shipping address in profile helps tons.

All kidding aside, I really was not asking for bombs or such. I felt that I had spelled that out well enough but apparently I didn't. If it sounded like I did, sorry. Didn't mean to cause a problem for the board.

Yes you were. Stop the silliness. No one gives one flip if you've been a member of who-the-fuck-cares how many boards. Your post was an all out, no kidding "send me stuff" post. Actually, that's fine. Hell, I'll send you stuff. What pisses me off about you is you don't have the stones to just come out and acknowledge your attention whoring.

Full disclosure: I'm an attention whore, and I'd like all you CPers to bomb me when I get home. I'm all good with returning the favor.