• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Deflowering a Travel Humidor

JayBay

WTB Bratalias
I have a bit of an odd situation - and need a bit of advice.  I have an 18 ct travel humidor.  It's one of those plastic boxes with the clasps, pressure release valve, blah, blah, blah.  It's a good little herf box. 

The problem started when I left it closed up tight with a few cigars in it - and the foam humidifier did what they do best; started a mold experiment.  The cigars weren't anything special - so I pitched 'em.  The foam trays smelled musty - so I figured they needed to be washed.  The mistake was throwing them in the washing machine.  They emerged with the slightly floral aroma of the laundry detergent.

My challenge now: determine what I need to re-wash them in to remove the floral smell...which I certainly don't want all over my cigars.  Any ideas?

In my head - I knew that was likely the smart thing to do...but I suppose I'm chronically cheap!

I bet they cost less than ruining more cigars  :thumbs:

DePasta and Matty know how to deflower a travel humidor. :angry:

I've never used the little humidifier insert in my travel humidor because I think that the sticks retain a good amount of humidity for several weeks. Though, I live in a humid climate. 

Mark Twain said:
 I've never used the little humidifier insert in my travel humidor because I think that the sticks retain a good amount of humidity for several weeks. Though, I live in a humid climate. 
Good to see you around, Marc!

MoeCizlak said:
DePasta and Matty know how to deflower a travel humidor. :angry:

Make sure you get a new one for July. I'd like a chance to deflour one.

Jonesy said:
Good to see you around, Marc!

I'm around . . . just been spending more time hitting a pipe than cigars. (Not a crack pipe).  :)

I never use the one in my travel humi. I put a water pillow under the foam pad in the bottom.