• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dented Flask

Capt Redbeard

Son of a son of a sailor
Reaction score
For christmas my girlfriend bought me a very nice engraved flask. This weekend I used it for the first time, and somehow I got a nice dent in it. So do any of you BOTL's know of any ways to get it out? I was thinking of putting some water in the flask, close it tight then put the flask in some boiling water, and hope the pressure from the water that starts to boil in the flask will push out the dent? if that makes any sense.

For christmas my girlfriend bought me a very nice engraved flask. This weekend I used it for the first time, and somehow I got a nice dent in it. So do any of you BOTL's know of any ways to get it out? I was thinking of putting some water in the flask, close it tight then put the flask in some boiling water, and hope the pressure from the water that starts to boil in the flask will push out the dent? if that makes any sense.

Of what maker and material is the flask?

The boiling water would be an interesting solution, but if you fill it too much and get too high of a pressure, it might burst? Have you tried just poking at it w/ a pen or something to see if it'll pop itself? My roommate did that on his and it mostly got it , but it was also from like the dollar store.

What's wrong with a dented flask. It gives it character.

Doc.

What's wrong with a dented flask? It gives it character.

Doc.

Damn, that's the first time I ever did that.

You could try putting water in it and, freezing it. Freezing water expands.

You would have to keep an eye on it though.

Put another dent on the other side and say it came that way. Dents are good. If I am not mistaken, didn't your dent stop a bullet or such?? :whistling: They make good stories.

Plus, if you make a habit of carrying around flask, depending on what you fill it with, chances are you are gonna put a few more dents and scratches in it. ;)

I think you got that wrong.

What do you mean. Of course it expands. Put a glass bottle in the freezer. fill it full of water and put a tight cap on it first. See what happens. ;)

Edited to say: Thanks Doc, beat me to it.

What do you mean. Of course it expands. Put a glass bottle in the freezer. fill it full of water and put a tight cap on it first. See what happens. ;)

What happens?? Well, after sleeping on the coach for a week because your wife went into the freezer to get some ice and cut her hand on the broken glass, it is hard to tell what happens after that. :laugh:

What happens?? Well, after sleeping on the coach for a week because your wife went into the freezer to get some ice and cut her hand on the broken glass, it is hard to tell what happens after that. :laugh:
LMAOROTF!

Yes dents add character and character is nice but............that dent may very well be taking up the space which could otherwise be occupied by another 1/4 oz. of booz!