• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Diamond Crown Maximus TAA 2006

wkoti

Flaky McFlakerton
I received this stick from Backslide, our resident Colorado FOG. Thanks a million for the opportunity, I had a great time with ya', we should do it more often. This is a weird one for me, I usually don't smoke Diamond Crowns because I can't wrap my head around what I pay for what I get. Hopefully this one will change my mind.

So today I mixed it up and decided to chance tanning this beautiful pale skin of mine and smoked this cigar on the porch. It's a beautiful 77 outside, 6mph breeze lightly tossing the the leaves around on the tree secluding my porch. I grabbed the cigar, a lighter, my cell phone, the best smoking buddy a man could ask for (the pup) and planted myself in my lounging chair outside.

This cigar is nearly flawless, a few sun spots on the wrapper with a touch of cigar glue that was wiped off poorly at the foot. Obviously nothing to stop me from setting fire to her. The prelight draw was very subtle taste of dried craisins followed by a touch of earthiness.

It's unusually easy to get going, burn is crisp and clean provided large volumes of white rich smoke. Quite mellow with muted flavors are immediate thoughts, which continued for quite a while. A sweetness lingers on my taste buds with a sharp tingle of pepper on the tip of my tongue.

The ash holds as I remove the Cigar Foundation Charity band but quickly after, during a long draw it falls 2 feet onto my lap, but remains intact. Solid and firm ash, shows what quality goes into these special edition cigars. A tight ash quickly reforms as I smoke until it's time to remove the main band. At this point I decide to touch up the backside of the cigar which has wondered a little after the first ash took a dive.

This was a fantastic way to spend 90 minutes. The cigar never surprised me, but I did enjoy it down to the final inch. Only used the lighter twice, once to fire it up and once to touch up and purge. Nothing really changed, but I don't see that as a bad thing. I believe a one dimensional cigar can be a great cigar as long as that one dimension is enjoyable. This is a prime example of one of those cigars. I enjoyed this cigar quite a bit, has it changed my opinion on Diamond Crowns? That is to be determined. Would I smoke another? Why the hell not?

Sorry for the quality of the photos, shaky iPhone shots.

c592819d_59cc_4ac4_9680_57affcb1aaed.jpg

Nice review son! I love a DCM and if you liked that, try a Stanford's 90th....one of the all time great cigars!

Got to love a tight ash on a deck.   Nice review, looks like a tasty smoke.