• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dick Cheney - The Gunslinger

ALostTexan

The Travelin' Cigar Man
Well, I am sure Saturday Night Live will not let this go unnoticed...

MSNBC Story

I feel bad for him, because it was a total accident, but he will not live this down for a long, long time...

ALostTexan

He must've voted for Kerry. I knew the Bush administration was trying to take away our civil liberties, but I think this was a little severe. :laugh:

I read that. Reminded me when Bobby Knight shot a friend while deer hunting. But your right, it'll be a while before that one is dropped.

As much as I'm not a fan, this is getting too close to forbidden topics for Cigar Pass.

"Armstrong said Cheney is a longtime friend who comes to the ranch to hunt about once a year and is “a very safe sportsman.” She said Whittington is a regular, too, but she thought it was the first time the two men hunted together."

Hate to see what an "unsafe" sportsman looks like!!

AVB said:
As much as I'm not a fan, this is getting too close to forbidden topics for Cigar Pass.
[snapback]287792[/snapback]​

exactly what I thought when I saw this

Back when I used to hunt in New Jersey, the state never stocked quail until later in the season. It seems that quail usually fly low and were the cause of alot of hunting accidents early in the season. Later in the season, when the more experienced guys were out there, is when the quail were stocked.

AVB said:
[snapback]287792[/snapback]​

I gotta disagree, sure he's the VP, but what happened has nothing to do with politics.

For those of you who have seen "Wedding Crashers", when I heard about this, that's all I could think about!!! :laugh:

This reminds me of when Greg Lemond the cyclist was shot by his brother-in-law while duck hunting if I'm not mistaken. No one really found out what happened.

KayakinBoy said:
For those of you who have seen "Wedding Crashers", when I heard about this, that's all I could think about!!! :laugh:

Now that ya mention it. It does... :laugh: But seriously...With Cheney's health and age...Should he be out hunting? :whistling:

Mr Peat said:
KayakinBoy said:
For those of you who have seen "Wedding Crashers", when I heard about this, that's all I could think about!!!  :laugh:

Now that ya mention it. It does... :laugh: But seriously...With Cheney's health and age...Should he be out hunting? :whistling:
[snapback]287893[/snapback]​
An acquaintance of mine, about the same age as Cheney, shot his friend bird hunting. Next day he tore up his hunting license and sold his guns. Wonder what Cheney will do?

Doc

After I saw that the guy was ok, it was kinda funny. Yeah I was thinking wedding crashers too.

I also feel bad for the guy, you can't live something like this down and no one will want to go hutning with him again.

I don't get it - the other guy was at fault for not signaling where he was like he's supposed to (according to the article), and some idiots are going to go nuts and blame the shooter? People are getting stupider every day...

IgwanaRob said:
I don't get it - the other guy was at fault for not signaling where he was like he's supposed to (according to the article), and some idiots are going to go nuts and blame the shooter? People are getting stupider every day...
[snapback]287946[/snapback]​

As much as it is everyone's job to make their location known when hunting, WHENEVER you point a gun ANYWHERE, it is ALWAYS your responsibility to know what is in front of that barrel.
Sorry, but I was raised with a VERY safety concious gun owner, who believes (as I do) that with any rights (especially those potentially unsafe or obnoxious including smoking and shooting) comes a very high level of responsibilty.

smokelaw1 said:
As much as it is everyone's job to make their location known when hunting, WHENEVER you point a gun ANYWHERE, it is ALWAYS your responsibility to know what is in front of that barrel.
Sorry, but I was raised with a VERY safety concious gun owner, who believes (as I do) that with any rights (especially those potentially unsafe or obnoxious including smoking and shooting) comes a very high level of responsibilty.
[snapback]287949[/snapback]​

agree 100%, and maybe AVB was right, this is getting into gun control laws... Doh!

KayakinBoy said:
smokelaw1 said:
[snapback]287949[/snapback]​

agree 100%, and maybe AVB was right, this is getting into gun control laws... Doh!
[snapback]288029[/snapback]​

I doubt AVB is that ignorant/opotunistic to try and twist an innocent (and extremely common) hunting accident into some idiotic gun control agenda - it obvious he was referring to the topic boardering on the edge of being political because of who it involved and the obvious attempt to make it into something it's not.

Borderline as far as topics go but that is Rob's call.

All I can say is I hope he doesn't get impeached over it. It would be hard to find another Vice President of his

caliber. :)

I'd still rather go hunting with Dick Cheney than for a car ride with Ted Kennedy. Have we crossed the line yet? :)

hudsonvalley said:
Borderline as far as topics go but that is Rob's call.

All I can say is I hope he doesn't get impeached over it. It would be hard to find another Vice President of his

caliber. :)
[snapback]288210[/snapback]​

Now that was funny. Awful pun, but still funny ;)