• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dickey Betts Died

thinde

Lobstah; the other white meat!
One of the original members of the Allman Brothers dies at 80. Him and Dwayne Allman pretty much introduced and road on top of the Southern Rock craze I grew up in. He was a great guitarist and vocalist, god speed Dickey.

If you are an Allman Brothers fan, there is a museum called the Big House in Macon, Ga. It is where the band lived in the early '70's. Has a lot of memorabilia. I am from Macon and cannot state more strongly that there is absolutely no reason to go to Macon, Ga. But if you are passing through on the way to somewhere else and want to stop, it is there. Duane is buried in Macon. Fans leave liquor bottles and guitar picks on his grave (or used to).

I was a kid when Gregg married Cher. I actually saw her through an obstructed view in the Piggly Wiggly (grocery store) because my mom has four fingers over my face trying to cover my eyes. Jaimo lived in Macon in the '80's. I bagged his groceries in high school working at Kroger. Great guy who tipped and tipped well.