• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Disney

T2P

Green Horn
Reaction score
So I am going to be taking a week long drip to Disney World in FL this March. I looked online where we are staying (Animal Kingdom) and saw they only had designated smoking areas in the park (understandable) so I was thinking "Oh, our room has a balcony/patio no big deal". Much to my dismay, however, their rooms, which include the patio/balcony are completly smoke free! Florida also has a smoking ban so I am trying to figure out if there is any place down there where I can bring a few smokes to have?

Downtown Disney has a place called Sosa's it has custom rolled and although a bit pricey they have a pretty nice selection.

If in the area and you have some time to kill, I would definitely recommend checking it out.

Or if you want a real treat head down to Ybor city. :thumbs:

You can go to Sosa's, which isn't really in the park, but near a lot of the hotels, or if you're able to travel out of the immediate Disney area, go to Corona Cigar on W. Sand Lake Rd. Ybor is cool, but it's like an hour drive from disney.

You can smoke at Sosas in Downtown Disney or there's a cigar bar on old Pleasure Island, now just an extension of Downtown Disney. It's called Fuego I think. Really cool bar made to look like a block of ice.

I've smoked cigars also on the balconies, not personal ones, but some just around the main lobby of whatever hotel you're staying at. Don't know about animal kingdom but some have bars at the hotels with little balconies where it's never been a problem.

I would say just go for it on your balcony, and if it bothers someone enough to complain about it, then you can try your luck elsewhere!

Thanks for all the ideas folks. I am sure if I tried the balcony they wouldn't kick us out just ask us to stop so maybe I will think about that. Although less rocking the boat for everyone might not be a bad idea either.

Read the fine print - they may hit you with a cleaning charge for smoking out on the balcony.

"You wouldn't peg Disney World as the place to find the latest hot cigar bar but Fuego by Sosa Cigars opened last month on Disney's Pleasure Island. Cigar Aficionado reports that the cigar bar has a cool bar that looks like a slab of melting ice and a full menu of alcoholic beverages. There is also outdoor seating, Custom wooden humidors offer a variety of cigars include the Fuente Fuente Opus X as well as the house brand Sosa cigars. Smoking is prohibited throughout much of Walt Disney World and is limited to designated smoking areas. The cigar bar is open from 11 a.m. to 2 a.m."

linky

Not sure how far away Corona's is but the selection in that place will boggle your mind. My go-to place when I'm in Orlando.

I was just at Disney for my anniversary the week of the 24th of January. I stayed at Port Orleans Riverside so I can't speak for the resort you are staying at, but most resorts have designated smoking areas where you can smoke. Port Orleans had benches by the lakes and by some of the "quiet" pools. I would go there after a long day at the parks. I would sit there with a cup of Johnny Black and a cigar and unwind. Sosa's is nice in downtown disney and you can also enjoy a drink and a cigar from Sosa's at "Fuego" which is also in downtown disney. I noticed their prices were about $5 - $10 over MSRP though. I gave in and paid $35 for a 45th Padron "Little Hammer" since it was my anniversary. Great Smoke!

Read the fine print - they may hit you with a cleaning charge for smoking out on the balcony.

Good point! And the cleaning charge at a Disney resort for smoking is $250.

My wife and I really enjoy Downtown Disney, check out Sosas, it's a decent place. Otherwise, smoke on your balcony and clean up the proof!

The Family and I stayed at the Swan in Disney a few years back. I just smoked out on the balcony of the room, but waited until 9:30 or 10:00 , just to make sure other families weren't out on theirs. We stayed there for 3 days and I never had an issue with anyone complaining. Actually, there were people from other rooms who were doing the same thing.

As for the cleanup charge, I left the ashtray, which I think was a beer bottle, out the whole time we were there, and no additional charges showed up on the bill.

Just light up and enjoy...

Well our trip is over and WOW what a trip it was. We went on so many rides and ate so much good food that it is pretty tough to be back at work.

I had a couple of smokes there (a RASS and a LFD Coronado). Both were fantastic smokes. I could not get up the nerve to smoke on our balcony especially as the fine print said 250 - 500 cleaning charge. What I did, however, was take a trip to the Disney boardwalk, which is very leanient as to where you can smoke. On the water, it is an excellent spot and I would recommend it.

The LFD Coronado was smoked at the Sosa Cigar Bar (thanks for the suggestions). I did not realize at first that Sosa's has two locations in Downtown Disney. One is actually just the store and is at the end by the Circus du Solie (sp?) building. The bar/lounge is on the opposite end slightly out of the way by the pub that is down there. Fantastic place. I called ahead and asked if we could bring our own smokes and they said absolutely, just buy a drink. We did this and it was a great place to people watch. In fact, while we were there we saw some guy try to pocket a 10 dollar smoke and get hauled off in handcuffs by 4 security guards because of it. Overall a great experience :thumbs:

Good to hear that you were able to enjoy your time off with the family and have a couple good smokes in the process. It even sounds like you got some freeish entertainment while enjoying a smoke...

Well our trip is over and WOW what a trip it was. We went on so many rides and ate so much good food that it is pretty tough to be back at work.

I had a couple of smokes there (a RASS and a LFD Coronado). Both were fantastic smokes. I could not get up the nerve to smoke on our balcony especially as the fine print said 250 - 500 cleaning charge. What I did, however, was take a trip to the Disney boardwalk, which is very leanient as to where you can smoke. On the water, it is an excellent spot and I would recommend it.

The LFD Coronado was smoked at the Sosa Cigar Bar (thanks for the suggestions). I did not realize at first that Sosa's has two locations in Downtown Disney. One is actually just the store and is at the end by the Circus du Solie (sp?) building. The bar/lounge is on the opposite end slightly out of the way by the pub that is down there. Fantastic place. I called ahead and asked if we could bring our own smokes and they said absolutely, just buy a drink. We did this and it was a great place to people watch. In fact, while we were there we saw some guy try to pocket a 10 dollar smoke and get hauled off in handcuffs by 4 security guards because of it. Overall a great experience :thumbs:

Sounds great! I will be headed there mid-July and I will definitely stop at Sosa's.

I never can get the nerve to smoke on the balcony either. Now that I've converted my father in law, who has the Disney timeshare, we'll see how many we smoke the next trip. Glad you had a good time.