• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ditch the tube?

I leave them on but I don't think I've kept any tubed sticks more than 2 or 3 years. :cool:

I'm only adding to this because I opened a Forbidden X this past evening and noticed one thing. I should have taken it out of the tube for a few days before lighting it up. It was a perfect cigar from the beginning until I got to the last third...then the wrapper blew out :0 . I watched it rip wide open. I figure that it was still a little wet back there and it expanded with the heat. So I think that I will store them with the cap off from now on.

Has anyone else had this problem when they open and light up new smokes from the glass tube?

-Fetter

fetterjohn said:
Has anyone else had this problem when they open and light up new smokes from the glass tube?

-Fetter
[snapback]204499[/snapback]​

That's actually why I posed this question... A couple weeks ago, a friend of mine and I both had a Forbidden X, and both of us had burn problems. Mine were worse in the first 1/3, but my buddy's poor cigar burned uneven the whole way down. And both of us had problems keeping the cigars lit. Ours came straight out of the tube, with no "open-cap" chill time in a humi before smoking.

I think the tubos/glass tubes are a great way to keep your cigars from getting damaged. Just unscrew the end and let them chill.

What about cigars that come in a plastic wrapper...should they stay in the wrappers, open one end, or take them completely out of the wrapper? The ones I have appear to be pretty dry, so I think they should be removed from the wrapper. Wanted to make sure before doing so.

You mean the cellophane? Some leave it on, some take it off. I tend to leave them on.

Wilkey

What about cigars that come in a plastic wrapper...should they stay in the wrappers, open one end, or take them completely out of the wrapper? The ones I have appear to be pretty dry, so I think they should be removed from the wrapper. Wanted to make sure before doing so.

The answer to all your questions lies....

Here!

Ginseng - Yes I am referring to the cellophane wrapper.

ThankYouForNotSmoking - I will be sure to search more before posting. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! :thumbs:

It's been three years since this post was initiated and I was curious if any of the original contributors have had any feedback as to storing the tubes with cap-on vs cap-off, in the humi or not? Seamus had mentioned trying a test and I was curious if he did and what his results were.

Also as an afterthought has anyone ever used something like sealing wax to seal the tubes in order to maintain an airtight seal? Low melt wax, dip the cap end of the tube in and seal it?

Thanks

Danny