• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Do you Geocache?

Very interesting. I've never heard of it before but I like it. When I get back from the sandbox I will probably get started into this. Thanks for the link :thumbs:

That's actually really cool! I put in my zip and found 4 GCs in my town! I might have to try this out!

Oh Geez, the implications! Moki, you are an evil genius, I suspect.

I take my daughter Geocaching all the time. We have found over 25 cache's and planted 4 of our own. I also have the kids on my competition team go geocaching as a team building exercise.

Oh great, something else for me to become obsessed with.

:D

I used to do this with my friend all the time before he joined the Army. Its fun when you can find it and even more fun when theres nothing to be found an you wander for hours. Lol.

Treasure boxes filled with Fuentes goodies from Moki.
laugh.gif

I take my daughter Geocaching all the time. We have found over 25 cache's and planted 4 of our own. I also have the kids on my competition team go geocaching as a team building exercise.

Nashkicker....What type of GPS unit do you use?

I just can't imagine what the kids around my neighborhood would do with information.....on second thought, yes I could. Stay away from Bronx ZIP codes :laugh: :laugh:

They sell one on their site its a geo jr. something.Befor that I used a Magellan explorest(till I dropped it in a lake).

Hell yes! Several hundred and counting! From the Middle East to America to Europe.

Love it.

Yes! But I tend to gravitate towards the harder puzzles and series not only because they're more interesting but because the creators are usually experienced enough to take steps to avoid it getting stolen.

If there's a take/put, I like to leave a bug. Gives me something to look forward to after the hunt. Sort of like a wheresgeorge, but where the people are likely to actually log. My best bug travel so far has been from Seattle to Texas. I'd love to have had one make it overseas.

maybe i need to start a t/p cigar one with a cigar caddy and a humidity pack.:laugh:

Look, Geocaches live in the elements. No shovel or any tools are required for a real Geocache. If Moki buries smokes or something ("need a shovel"), then that's his thing; those of you new to caching will NOT need any tools like that. Geocaches are NOT buried treasure, just hidden, and usually pretty small (think 35mm film canister). A few TBs (Travel Bugs) in some of the good sized ones, but not an environment for cigars, unless found extremely quickly.

Geocaching is awesomely fun, and your whole family and everyone you know will dig it. Get a good, off-road capable GPS hand-held, go to the geocaching.com link Moki posted and get started. You won't regret it. For you caching newbies, don't imagine Indiana Jones, just imagine you and the kids looking under rocks and in trees, etc. Nothing requiring below-ground-level searching.

Look me up as Spad31 on Geocaching.com and add me as a friend. We'll have a blast!

Trey

I have found a couple. A co-worker got me hooked one day.

It's a lot of fun. Most parks will have several, so if you have a family, it's a good way to get outdoors.