• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Do you Geocache?

What happened to "X marks the spot"? These fuggin pirates are getting so sophisticated these days. :laugh:

I guess I know what I will be doing on my next day off. Thanks for the new hobby(obsession) ;)

A guy I know sell geocache containers on ebay. Some are small key-chain like cylinders, for hanging in trees, etc. Then he sells a magnetic number sign with random number on it that you could put on an outdoor electrical box, etc. Very tricky to find! Then the trickiest one is the piece of hollow rebar that you put in a parking block. Looks like it belongs there. Try finding that one!

I hate you. so. much.

It's a fun hobby enjoyed by millions. :)

A guy I know sell geocache containers on ebay. Some are small key-chain like cylinders, for hanging in trees, etc. Then he sells a magnetic number sign with random number on it that you could put on an outdoor electrical box, etc. Very tricky to find! Then the trickiest one is the piece of hollow rebar that you put in a parking block. Looks like it belongs there. Try finding that one!

mmmmm... PM sent.

We're the 3 Smurfs. Lose the shovel. You won't need it. Muggles will wonder, and cachers will think you're a wrecker of mother Earth.

Actually, I have done some geocaching. It is a blast, and gets you outdoors. It's fun to take the doggies, a couple of cigars and see what you find. Just remember to take something with you to put into the caches you find!

And before anyone get's too serious on the shovel comments, methinks it's moki's way of poking Phil :laugh:

Do you Geocache? It's a fun hobby shared by millions.

All you need is a GPS unit, a shovel, and a sense of adventure!

You don't even need the shovel - all you truly need it the GPS and some good hiking gear...
thumbs-up.gif

I'd suggest you give it a whirl when there's 2 feet of snow on the ground and it's 10 degrees outside.
laugh.gif

You don't even need the shovel - all you truly need it the GPS and some good hiking gear...
thumbs-up.gif

I'd suggest you give it a whirl when there's 2 feet of snow on the ground and it's 10 degrees outside.
laugh.gif

George - He 'helped a pirate' steal my pass and apparently it has been hidden/buried. His style of geocaching almost certainly requires a shovel and possibly access to an armory.

thumbs-up.gif

laugh.gif

George - He 'helped a pirate' steal my pass and apparently it has been hidden/buried. His style of geocaching almost certainly requires a shovel and possibly access to an armory.

Fuck you very much then. Physically burying a cache? With a shovel? Destroying mother Earth? Next, you'll be burning her plants or something. Carry on.

Oh great, something else for me to become obsessed with.

:D

No shit!!!

From the description, there's 1 less than 1/4 mile from my house, and 8 more within 5 miles. And I live in a little hick town of about 500 people.

HERE'S one I have to look for. It was hidden 4 years ago, but who knows. Might be still there.

Here's a short slideshow of a few of pics from that area:

EDIT TO ADD:

Click on the thumbnail to open the slideshow. That is called The Heritage Walk in Bay Roberts, Newfoundland.

I was into geocaching a bit a few years ago, but haven't done much with it recently. Lots of fun, and it's a great way to even jhust get outdoors and go for a walk in the city or a hike in the park. Got my wife involved with it too, although she was more inclined to let me keep the Garmin and her hang on to the camera.

I have found over 300. Currently have 24 caches hidden.

BTW, tobacco is not allowed in caches. There is a list of other items as well like live ammo, etc. I have ammo cans hidden that you would have problems finding.. let alone some of my other more creative micro caches.

Hmmm....this looks like an evil hobby

For my zip code

Total Records: 666 - Page: 1 of 34

I guess people like using the desert to dump things.

Nice to see this topic resurrected every couple of years. It's a great hobby that is great fun for dads and their kids. Here's a link to the first thread, back in 2006.

Geocaching on CP - 2006

There have been a couple posted since as well. Seems like it is growing in popularity based on the posts here! :thumbs:

Well we are hooked!

Ordered the Geomate Jr from the geocaching website along with the update cable. Made our virgin journey tonight and found our first cache about 5 minutes from the house. Kids had a great time. Looking forward to doing more over the next couple days.

Well we are hooked!

Ordered the Geomate Jr from the geocaching website along with the update cable. Made our virgin journey tonight and found our first cache about 5 minutes from the house. Kids had a great time. Looking forward to doing more over the next couple days.

Hey Jim...if you want to hide one of those steins for me to find some where :whistling: :laugh:

Pretty good run on geocaching for a thread that actually had nothing to do with geocaching.