• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Do you inventory your cigars?

thinde said:
I don't inventory. I kind of like that element of surprise when I find something in the back of the cabinet that I haven't seen for a while.

This.

No inventory but I do take the band from the first cigar I sample and glue it to a card with some notes on the back.  I keep it all in a photo album.  I like flipping through the pages and looking at the artwork while I smoke a cigar.

No way. While I do love the idea of it, I have no desire to try to compile or keep up with it. That said, if a moment of insanity ever does strike me, I may attempt it.

Short answer, no.

What I do, if I find a stick I enjoy I'll end up buying usually a fiver. I'll take two of those and put them into what I call my Do Not Touch tray. When the moment is right ( guest, wonderful day etc. ) comes I have a look in that tray and typically find something I " forgot " I stashed. Makes for a double pleasant moment.

CBoukal said:

I don't have enough cigars yet for it to be
necessary.
Maybe in a cpuple of years.....

You joined CP in August of 2014 and you already built a Wineador.   You can probably change years above to months my friend.   Hanging out here is very very bad on your wallet but good for your collection

All I have is two boxes of E.P Carillo Short Run 2014's, one box of My Father's, One box of Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial, part of a box of Asylum Straight Jacket's, one box of E.P. Carillo Maduros's, 3/4 box of Bold by Nish Patels and maybe a box worth of miscellaneous singles.

(But I'm working on it :) )

I tried it once using one of the programs available at the time and then discovered it was too burdensome to keep up as cigars were smoked.  If I did it again, it would only be for the ones which are for special occasions and other high end types that usually are in the humidor for longer periods and not for those which are consumed on a daily basis.

I don't inventory but I do put a small sticker with the date I purchased it so I can let them age a few weeks.

I tried to for a while, but then when I added cigars to the stash, I would always forget and the "cellar" was always messed up, with the inventory incomplete....

So I just quit and try to keep everything well organized. I like the surprise of opening a box of a such cigar and finding a couple singles of another cigar hidden in there.....

Gianni

I've been using the android 'my humidor' app since I resumed my cigar smoking. It's just a nice way to survey the collection anytime, keep track of things, know how old any particular stick is, know what my oldest sticks are, my youngest sticks etc...  Its a bit of work to make the entries and get the pictures attached to them but I end up liking the results.

I don't bother to keep track. I know about most of the stuff I have and the cigars I like to smoke I keep several boxes of these and when I see a sale I buy more. My biggest problem is keeping tabs on cigars that are gifted to me. Especially unbanded every once in a while I'll get a gem and don't know exactly what I'm smoking which is a shame.

tone-ny said:
I don't bother to keep track. I know about most of the stuff I have and the cigars I like to smoke I keep several boxes of these and when I see a sale I buy more. My biggest problem is keeping tabs on cigars that are gifted to me. Especially unbanded every once in a while I'll get a gem and don't know exactly what I'm smoking which is a shame.

The only cigars i band anymore are ones that are gifted.  Only way I can keep track of 'em.

I couldn't help myself but spent 2 hours accounting for all of my cigars last night...319 sticks of joy. I know some don't like to do it and some do but the accountant in me had a good time accounting for them all. Makers Mark 46 assisted me with the count so there could be a +/- 5% deviation. Look forward to adding to the collection and sharing some with the CP members.

Thanks for all the comments on the thread.

I used to keep a detailed spreadsheet. That lasted a few years and ended a few years ago. I do keep notes on the rare ones and gifts, etc