• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Do you keep your light cigars seperate from your maduros?

proraptor

Banned
Its probably a newb question I know but Ive always been curious if you guys seperate your light from darks in your humidor? Do you keep them in seperate humis? or does it matter at all?

Thanks in advance for your answers

The only thing you really need to separate, from what I understand, is anything that's flavored(including liquor dipped cigars) and natural ones.

O.K. I'm tired..my brain saw:

Do you keep your lit cigars separate from your un-lit cigars. :blush:

:sign:

Plessy v. Ferguson in a humidor? No way. All my cigars get the same facilities.

Its probably a newb question I know but Ive always been curious if you guys seperate your light from darks in your humidor? Do you keep them in seperate humis? or does it matter at all?

It's separate!!

Sorry CC, couldn't resist.

Yes it is a "newb question" but one every cigar smoker has asked before.

What I have heard, and practice, is that it does not matter. As said above you must keep any flavored cigars in their own container - i use the toilet. :laugh:

You could choose to use different humidors for the purpose of organization. You would then know if you looking for a maduro to look in one box and vice versa.

- Jason

It depends.

How long do you plan on having them together?

I don't know if it's been 'proven', but a cigar does marry as the blend ages.

Without scientific proof the 'keeping them separata' idea just becomes a debate.

I try to keep stronger cigars away from lighter ones when I am aging them for some time (think YEARS and YEARS).

However, I still separate the ones that aren't aging with piece of cedar or at least in baggies.

It's separate!!

Sorry CC, couldn't resist.

Well done Jack Straw! :laugh:

Getting back to proraptor's question, NO, I don't separate natural cigars from ones with darker wrapers, it doesn't matter at all.

It depends.

Without scientific proof the 'keeping them separata' idea just becomes a debate.

I try to keep stronger cigars away from lighter ones when I am aging them for some time (think YEARS and YEARS).

However, I still separate the ones that aren't aging with piece of cedar or at least in baggies.

After all the BS replies finally one that was respectful and answered the question....thanks you sir

It depends.

After all the BS replies finally one that was respectful and answered the question....thanks you sir

Errrrrr poking fun (in regards to a question you could have found a thousand answers to, using search :p ) has nothing to do with "BS"... Growing a tad thicker skin will work wonders here, trust me on it ;)

Oh, now see? That wasn't a nice thing to say; that wasn't designed to make me feel good. That's a... kind of a... not too subtle intimidation, and I, uh, get filled with anxiety when you talk about something like that.

Okay you start off by saying this "Its probably a newb question". You could have done a search and gotten your answer. People just gave you some good natured answers, so to say that it was BS is way off.

Grow thicker skin or find another way to state displeasure in a way that doesn't make you look foolish :angry: