• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

do you punch your cigars or cut them?

of course i use a cutter for a torpedo...you cant punch those guys

In my experience, punching facilitates tar build up.

Doc.

buddy...you just woke me up. latey my chest has been annoying me, I know its from the punch....but you just gave a push there. thank you

i think i am going back to cutting
Try a tracheotomy cut. ;)

I punch everything that's bigger around than my punch, including lanceros. Torps and perfectos I cut.

Just like the draw better off a punch, and the cap seems to hold together better for me.

~Boar

Both. Which I choose depends upon the draw/density of the cigar. I have a Xikar X2 cutter, a Palio, and a nice sharp punch on my Xikar Element lighter.

I wish my cigars were emo. That way they would cut themselves.

That's friggin funny... :laugh:

I like to use a punch most of the time. I like the draw better. I still cut every now and then though. It depends on what mood I'm in I guess.

I used a punch for a while, then went to a cutter for a while... back to a punch.

I punch when I can, but sometimes I clip. I'll be honest I think I lack a talent for clipping right... I always end up with frayed ends!

I bought the Swiss Army punch and the three sizes make it great for getting a good sized opening.

i always used to use a cutter but now...I have been punching, for almost a year, like there is no tomorrow.

however, do you think that this should not be a matter of taste?

Use the fuggen shift key when you post. This isn't a junior high school text messaging contest, it's an adult cigar board.

I'm not going to answer your question until you learn to write like an adult.

I use both. It just depends on the stick and the draw. If I punch and the draw is bad then I will cut it. I keep a punch on my key ring for travel and one on my fishing vest for when I am fishing.

I use both. It just depends on the stick and the draw. If I punch and the draw is bad then I will cut it. I keep a punch on my key ring for travel and one on my fishing vest for when I am fishing.

How'd you guys do against UCONN on Friday? :laugh:

I was going to jump in to crack jokes as well, but then I remembered that FSU didn't fair too well against Wisconsin either :( :(

I was going to jump in to crack jokes as well, but then I remembered that FSU didn't fair too well against Wisconsin either :( :(

:laugh:

That's okay, you can leave it to us UCONN guys to discuss college basketball with Aggie fans this week. :sign:

Next up, Purdue but Memphis State will be a tough one.

Yep, the Seminoles and the Taters both got upset in the first round by the Big Ten but both of those Big Ten teams (Wisconsin & Michigan) were out in the next round anyway. FSU had a pretty good year (better than the Aggies, that's for sure :laugh:), nothing to be ashamed about!

:laugh:

That's okay, you can leave it to us UCONN guys to discuss college basketball with Aggie fans this week. :sign:

Next up, Purdue but Memphis State will be a tough one.

Yep, the Seminoles and the Taters both got upset in the first round by the Big Ten but both of those Big Ten teams (Wisconsin & Michigan) were out in the next round anyway. FSU had a pretty good year, nothing to be ashamed about!

Not to completely threadjack, but yes, FSU had the best year its had in a very very long time. I just wish we could've gone further in the tourney with Toney Douglas considering it will be his last year. Eh well, I guess he can sleep well knowing that he lead FSU to its first ACC Championship game.

WOW, Pitt is being handled by Oklahoma State. :0 3:48 to go and the Cowboys just went into the lead!

UCONN lost twice to Pitt this year. I hope OSU doesn't upset the Panthers.....

EDIT: Not to worry, Pitt wins. Another Big 12 team sent packing by the BIG EAST! :laugh: That Duke/Villanova game is going to be a good one! :thumbs:

I will the cap off. ;)

Actually I use both cutters and punch. Depends on the rg of the cigars since I only have a single size punch at the moment.

I like to cut my cigars unless I'm smoking a chisel--in which case, I'll punch.

I lose stuff, so I usually just bite the end open. I am nearly always outside smoking so the not-genteel "ptewey" to get rid of the errant bits of tobac doesn't offend hardly any body. Probably a bad way to open a nice cigar, but I'm happy. :whistling:

All four No 1, all four No. 2 and all four No. 3 seeded teams made it to the third round (and NO, I refuse to call it the "Sweet Sixteen" because that sounds childish and gay :rolleyes: ). Here's where things are going to get interesting.

Unfortunately for UCONN, I don't think we're going to make the final four without Jerome Dyson. Three of UCONN's four losses were with him on the bench and he's done for the year. :( We might beat Purdue but I think we'll lose to Memphis.

+1

I always use the largest punch if possible, when possible.

I use a punch for everything (except pointy cigars of course).

I find there is no tar build up as long as you use a large enough punch.
I have a number of different sizes, including a really large one that is 12mm in diameter.

Using a small punch on a large ring gauge cigar will cause problems.

I prefer the cutter, howver I do have a punch on my keychain that I use just incase I forget or cant find a cutter.