• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Doctors handwriting.....

Allofus123

Here ducky, ducky, ducky!
Whats the deal? Do they have some kind of special secret hand writing code? I just got a two page summary of my latest physical and I can only read a total of six words on the whole report. Whats up with that? Something about doctors weilding a scalpel but yet can't write a readable word on paper that is just wrong.

This is no lie.....the six words I was able to read...... Low Fat Diet, Exercise, Stop smoking. :angry: Won't be going back to that doctor! ;) :D

maybe you should be more worried about the need for using two whole pages for a physical summary ??

j/k :p

sometimes i think they write so ilegably b/c they really don't know what to write or have anything to say :D

They have to take a 2 semister course called 'How to write illegibly - 101'. :sign:

Or maybe they have to join a secret club to be able to write that bad.

no silly, you misread it, he said "start smoking", he handwriting was just a little off.

:thumbs:

Allofus123 said:
I can only read a total of six words on the whole report. Whats up with that?
You need to report that quack to the AMA. You should have only been able to read three words, not six. He needs to be re-trained. ;)

I read a few years back that a highly successful practice hired a retired elementary teacher to help the docs work on their handwriting. It was a voluntary thing and the lady was pretty busy. Perhaps that program should be expanded. The ones who don't get better--get hit across the knuckles with a ruler! :)

Allofus123 said:
...... Low Fat Diet, Exercise, Stop smoking. :angry:

ROTFLMAO!!
rofl.gif

Hey Allofus, with just seeing what you could only read, I don't think you WANT to know what was on the rest of the summery! I'm sure the Doc was just trying to keep "high blood pressure" off the list!

I feel ya brother! Try working daily with these Frickin' notes! I think they spend so much time learning medical crap that the centers in the brain for handwriting die!

You need to report that quack to the AMA. You should have only been able to read three words, not six. He needs to be re-trained.

LMAO @ Bill :D

okay, since some people aren't shedding some light
i think i'll have to

it's codes a lot of the time.
the ones i've seen, they are basically a drug that has been abbreviated,
and then it says how the dosage is like
and that's generally something like a T with some dots around it.
and the dots say like twice a day or something. (so, that means there's like two dots above the T)

it's weird.

Had my annual physical today with a new doctor since my old doctor of 13 years retired last fall. He started asking me questions and when he go to the one about do you smoke I told him cigars. I waited for him to start telling me it wasn't good for me and I would have to quit. Instead he asked me what I smoked. Turns out he is a cigar smoker too! WOO HOO!!!!!!

The only thing about this physical was that after turning 50 last August I now get to start having to take the special FOG tests. Ah yes, the stress test, colon cancer tests, additional blood work-ups and all those special probings! :(