• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Does anyone NOT like Padron?

I don't yet. :(

I have a very young palette when it comes to cigars. I wish the rest of me was like that! I find that I don't enjoy the Padrons that I have tried very much. I only tried one anniversary and it was the best out of the line, but still not a good smoke for me. I did not give them time to age because I am in such a hurry to try to find one I like. I read such good comments on them, but I find them harsh. Maybe next time I will put some age on them. I will try some different maduros.

Thanks Rich

I don't like the 0000 series at all. I think they are bland and very boring. I also think the quality is appalling for the price being asked. Caps that look like they were put on by a 2 year old, awful wrappers, heck most of the time you can't tell the difference between a Natural and a Maduro. I think they just flip a coin and decide which box gets what sticker.

While I have yet to try an Aniversary stick (have one in the humi resting though) I also did not particularly like the X0000 series I have smoked. Now, I must admit that I smoked them pretty much as soon as I bought from the B&M and will make it a point to rest one for awhile next time.

I don't like the 0000 series at all. I think they are bland and very boring. I also think the quality is appalling for the price being asked. Caps that look like they were put on by a 2 year old, awful wrappers, heck most of the time you can't tell the difference between a Natural and a Maduro. I think they just flip a coin and decide which box gets what sticker.
Great point. The xxxx's look ROUGH!!! And I've got some naturals that are darker than my marked "maduros." But I love the Padron profile whether it looks perfectly made or not. -> A little aging goes a loooooong way too...

Derek

The boxed pressed cigars are pretty, well rolled, burn well every time.

One thing about a 64 or 26, you can be damn sure you will get a consistent smoke every time.

Brian

I think the 3000 is the perfect golf course cigar, but after reading Al's post, I'm a little apprehensive (sp)! Someone tell me I'm not losing my mind!

The boxed pressed cigars are pretty, well rolled, burn well every time.

One thing about a 64 or 26, you can be damn sure you will get a consistent smoke every time.

Brian

I wholeheartedly agree with you Brian. I do enjoy the the 64 and 26, just not the regular line.

I absolutely love Padron cigars, mainly there anniversary lines. Although, a friend of mine had a PAN that he said was kinda meh to him. Then again he keeps his humidor in his garage, and doesn't use any humidity system at all. When I felt the cigar it was as hard as a rock. Needless to say I have a #9 Maduro resting for the next time we meet.

What's a Padron?

Brian

I think it's tequilla.

I love them. My first box purchase was a box of 2000 Naturals...they do look like maddies though and are very rough looking. They smoke great however and with some more age on them should be even better down the line. I also have a box of the 64 torpedo's that are by far my favorite. I have a 1926 sampler sitting to get some age on them as the 1926 #6 I had that was almost 2 years old was out of this world.

I used to think they were average, then I opened my eyes!! Right up there in the top three favorite with VSG and WOAM!! Favorite Padrons are the 80th and the 2000 maddie.

The X000 are good for the price, and the '64 and '26 are brilliant and very consistent.

As big of a Padron whore as I am now, I wasn't completely sold on the x000 line when I first started smoking. At the time I liked Villazon smokes the best and I found Padrons too full-bodied for my tastes. But I kept with them, and after about 6 months to a year of serious cigar smoking, Padron x000s became my go-to cigars and remain so today. Now the first time I tried a 1926 Serie was an entirely different story... I was in love with that line from the first draw!

Oddly, as much as CPers like to age Padrons (and I'm no different), the Padrons themselves say age does nothing for their cigars. They say they are at their peak when the cigars leave the factory. As always, tastes vary.

One of the first trades I did involved me recieving a natural 2000 ... wow, what a fantastically smooth and rich smoke. I would recommend paring it with either a Bock, Winter Warmer, or even a Stout, but not an Imperial because it would overwhelm the delicate balance of the Padron. :)

They, IMHO are either No. 1 or 2 in every category for me. Hands down the Anniversary Series sticks that I have enjoyed had me longing for a small device that helps one smoke past the nub...

The X000's are great yard gars.

Honestly, I've tried many times to like Padron's but in the end, I think they're just an average smoke that is high priced. Don't get me wrong, they have great construction and draw, but the flavor just doesn't really do it for me. The only one that I like is the 80th Maduro. I know I'm in the minority here, but you asked. :)