• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Does smoking relieve stress?

Tobacco is the only legally available product that, when used in even small doses, has negative health effects and kills half of its users. And many people think that by smoking, they will get over the stress more easily if they light up a cigarette.
If this is true, China would not have to limit the number of kids per household.

"...China is the world's largest producer and consumer of tobacco products. The country manufactured 2.36 trillion combustible cigarette sticks in 2019, accounting for 44.7% of global production. Of the world's 1.3 billion tobacco users, over 300 million are Chinese. Correspondingly, out of the 8 million deaths caused by tobacco each year, over 1 million occur in China...." Source of data. <<<<---Link

I know I'm using private school math, but 1 million out of 300 million isn't half, nor is 8 million out of 1.3 billion. BUT, if we wait for 150 years, and no more Chinese people start to smoke, then we'll finally arrive at "half will die of smoking"! We do have that to look forward to.

Just a thought. I am a little disappointed there is no embedded link in your post, for say an anti-smoking site!?

Floyd T

This thread just sucks in the spammers.
It's so weird how that happens.

I was a mod on a football board, and certain threads were just targeted over and over again by the bots. Even after the earlier bots were deleted. There's got to be a reason.