• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dogs and cigars

rbbrock

I am dogsitting my parents' Boykin Spaniel while they're in the Dells for business this weekend, and I was just reminded how much he seems to like cigars. Not the cigar itself, which he basically ignores, or the smoke, but the smell of it on me after I'm finished. He laid on a blanket I spread out in the garage for him while I smoked, and then when I came in and sat down on the couch, he walked up for a little scratch. Well, once he smelled the cigar on my hands he started licking away, and as I talked to him he must have smelled it on my breath and I had to fight him off from making out with me harder than any girl I've ever seen (at least when they're sober :whistling: ).

Is this a personality quirk of his, or does the same thing happen to those of you with dogs? I thought it was fairly humorous, personally, but I imagine it would get old if he were here all the time.

Edit: dammit, I can't spell.

My Basset Hounds are similar; though they haven't tried giving me a lip lock just yet.

I'm not sure that its the cigar they favor, but being scent-following dogs, they just like having something new to smell and figure out what it is.

We haven't had a dog since I started smoking cigars years ago but our Ocicat, Ginger likes my humidor/wine cooler. :cool:

IMG_0992.jpg

Closeup:

IMG_0993.jpg

Dan

:laugh:
I basically have to beat my pup Porter off with a big stick when I'm smoking a cigar. And the better the cigar, the bigger the stick I need. I've actually caught him licking the air where I exhale!

We have a tiny little Rat Terrier that loves the smell on me after I smoke. She often curls up in the shirt I wore while smoking. I thought it was just her. Too Funny!

Well now that you bring it up- lemme tell ya about my dog- Maddox is a black lab/border collie mix, one heck of a smart dog- possibly too smart. When my son-in-law, Humboldtflyer and I go out on the patio for a cigar- he is right there the whole time. I understand that a good amount of nicotene is ingested into your system from saliva, hence forth why we spit alot when smoking outside, or that the cigars make us drool... anyways, Maddox laps up every spit that hits the pavers on the patio. Now- is he getting something out of the cigars??? A little buzz? Lemme know what ya all think.... D

I have a two-year-old Beagle/Australian Shepherd mix who's absolutely terrified of my smoke, even out of doors.

Yeah, my border collie/springer spaniel is not so crazy about the smoke, she kinda freaks out about it...it's pretty hilarious. But, she loves to sit withme when I smoke!

My ten year old Papillon, Mickey, has a penchant for ISOMs (most particularly, Cohibas - one and all!). If I've opened a package he'll slyly rub up next to me. Look at me, then look down at the ISOM and slowly put his paw on one. If he REALLY likes it and wants it NOW, he'll just trot on up to the stick and pick it up and run away! ahahha

Great dog!

Dirwood

Mickey_after_2.jpg

Our dog likes to sit with us while smoking.

Altough she likes to do that all the time.