• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dollar is strong as hell !

Yep, you are right, it's amazing how fast the dollar strengthened, against how long it took to get to 2:1 (2 Pounds to 1 Dollar)

I believe you ment $2 to the Pound... as long as I have been around I don't ever remember it the other way.

Yep, indeed other way round :)

Thanks for that, I know we have banking issues here, but arnt you guys having the same issues!?! Its not exactly plane sailing over there is it.

That was interesting about the exchange rate effecting your investment into currency, bummer that it didnt work out for you, Have you taken your money out and ran, or are you keeping it in GBP?

LOL, I edited my post. Yep, 2:1 (2 Dollars to a Pound) is not proportional in terms of buying power. When I was last in teh UK, 9 months ago, the price of CC in Dollars, was insane. It's
still too high because of your tax but at 2:1, almost impossible to purchase.

Of course we are having banking issues, where do you think it started? The rest of the world followed the US instantly, that's because everyone is linked in one way or another through cross
investments.

Brian

Yeh exactly, so looking at it from my very simple view, if were all struggling at the same time, why the sudden strenght for the dollar, To me this would make sense if we were struggling and US wasnt having any problems at all.

Yeh the taxes are crazy!

Well dollar was going down mostly due to feds cutting loan rates constantly . Now the rate are going up and so does the dollar . Economies of europeen countries are now also in troubles , following problems US had at the beggining of the year , so euro and pound is also going down . Japan economy seems to be more stable at this time so the yen keeps it's head up. As for export companies they will have to tough up and cut on CEO's salaries . Those companies enjoyed low dollar for years and made hell of a profits throgout the years so maybe it's the time for others to finally get their pieces if the pie .

I'm quite obviously not a businessman, especially when looking at the condition of my portfollio lately, but I did observe this: The family and I just took a road trip to Wales at the end of last week. Now that we have a bit more buying power, we took advantage: nice hotel in downtown Cardiff, fancy dinners, and good shopping (a few Epicure #2s and RASS have found their ways into my humidor!). However, on my next paycheck, my COLA (Cost of Living Allowance-- a financial buffer to adjust to living in a more expensive area courtesy of Uncle Sam) is going to be slashed by about $300. Oh well, the disparity was good while it lasted.