• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dominican leaf to Cuba?

This is a great post, good to hear from Moki and John Oliva, Johns opinion is on the money, but you have to realize that a lot of countries in this moment are making cigars as good as the cubans, but that cuban taste you will never see out side of Cuba and the same goes for the other countries, I am not an expert but after smoking for more than 40 years and working in the industry I am convience its all about the soil, the seed is important do not get me wrong, if you would like to know if this is true lets leave out Cuba, and see what the Olivas have done in Ecuador, most cigars smokers do not like sumatra growned in Indonesia, but the Olivas have taken that seed and have one of the best wrappers in the market, you will smoke cigars like Aurora 1495, Ashton VSG and some la Gloria Cubana and thats the wrapper on them, the main thing is to continue to smoke what you like and have respect for other smokers, countries and companies, take care all.

I think the same can be said about the Corojo that the Eiroas grow in Honduras...yet it tastes different from the Corojo that La Aurora grows in the DR. The soil is critical....so too, according to La Aurora's agronomist, is the climate and fertilizers.