• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Don Arturo Gran AniverXario

lordlister

You can observe a lot by just watching
I got a hold of a few of these recently and ended up burning one right off the truck. I'm proud that I held of from buying any of these until I found a few at the right price. I'm ashamed to say that I've been a sucker one too many times for the Fuente marketing machine. However, it seems like this was the release to be a sucker for in the sense that it seems like they really did limit this release. I'm not seeing many of them left around. However, it seems that there's an exponentially diminishing demand for these "limited releases" to accompany the exponentially accelerated volume of limited cigars coming on the market.

gallery_1_9_13782.jpg

Image stolen from Moki's site (like you guys didn't know that already!)

This cigar measured 6 1/4 x 46 and word has it is identical to the Don Arturo Destino al Siglo "13". The wrapper has a slight box press to it and is absolutely gorgeous. The wrapper is a dark reddish brown almost mahogany color and moderately oily. Clipping the cap and taking a few pre light puffs reveals a familiar salty slightly vegetal aroma consistent and similar to the taste from other high end Fuente smokes (Opus and other limited releases). Toasting the foot and taking the 1st few puffs reveals again a burst of salty mixed with vegetal tones. After the first few puffs the flavor profile evolves into a fairly complex mixture of briny elements mixed with leather, tannins, and a slight sweetness. These elements predominate throughout the smoke. The smoke does evolve and change during the hour and a half of smoking. However, the flavor profile remains consistent and any changes reflect a preponderance of one or 2 elements of the flavor shining through over the others.

In all this was a very enjoyable smoke and definitely worth a try. In comparison to other Fuente limited releases I believe that the Gran AniverXario shares a similar profile to the Don Carlos Anniversary and a well aged Opus X. A good cigar.

Nice review, I have yet to try these, for some reason I dont come across them anywhere. Nice job! :thumbs:

The one I smoked a while back was one of the best Fuentes I've ever had, something about it just hit my palate perfectly. Thanks for the review! Excellent job.

Wish I could find more (of these and the naturals).

Thanks for the review. I to found the ones I've smoked having a nice mix of Don Carlos Anniversary and a well aged Opus X. Fit's my flavor profile well although prices ain't cheap.