• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Don Pepin Garcia's

Try the 601's. Red, Green, Black and Red and Blue labels. They're blended by the Pepin's. They are excellent cigars that don't get talked about much.

Doc.

I'm with you there Doc. My favorite is the 601 Blue Label Maduro Box Press - which for under $10 is a great stick. The Green too, but am partial to the maduro. And since Pepin makes them - the quality is outstanding.

John

Try the 601's. Red, Green, Black and Red and Blue labels. They're blended by the Pepin's. They are excellent cigars that don't get talked about much.

Doc.

I'm with you there Doc. My favorite is the 601 Blue Label Maduro Box Press - which for under $10 is a great stick. The Green too, but am partial to the maduro. And since Pepin makes them - the quality is outstanding.

John

My favorite is the Maduro as well.rich and spicy.
I wish they could get that flavor in a perla size, and I would smoke them everyday, 3x a day.
The Black Label is probably my second favorite. Smooth and refined, with a nice creamy spicy thing going on.
I can smoke these with my morning coffee, empty stomach.
Next fave is the Green. I find these the most powerful, with a rich spicy and sweet interplay.
The Red is a nicely balanced smoke which I like best in the rabito.

Another favorite of mine is the Pepin's Vegas Cubanas. Very cubanesque, med-full, but leaning more to the medium side. Very flavorful. I love these in Robusto, and Corona.
The corona is millder to my palate, and a bit more creamy. I also find they age splendidly, maintaing their flavors amazingly well.

Also might want to check out the JJ Salomon. That is a wonderful smoke to have while cooking outdoors.

Sorry for the thread jack, but would a My Father Le Bijou be a good cigar for a Don Pepin virgin? Or would there be another blend that would be a good first Don Pepin cigar?

Famous has a house cigar blended by the Garcias,,affordable and nice

Ditto on the Blue label 601's, Cabaiguan Guapo original, for NC's, CC's Hoyo De Monterey Epicure No.1 or HDM Epicure No 2. for a change of pace CAO cameroon. These are ones I find similar in some flavor profile of what you are asking for.
Happy smokes!!! :D

I've been enjoying alot of Alec Bradly Tempus and Prensado's. If you haven't tried any, they can be had for cheap on CI/CB

It's a good feeling when you've found your go to cigar. Pepin has his hands in a lot of different blends, so enjoy testing out the waters. The 2000 Padrons is always a nice smoke to change it up once in a while.